Picture in Picture

I would love to see something like what MLB.TV has done and deliver 2 screens at the same time, whether they are both live, DVR’d or a combo. Give we are working with “virtual” tuners and “virtual shows (recorded)” This would be a really nice to have somewhere down the line.

9 Likes

Sounds cool, personally i have never grokked the point of pip - what would you use it for? would you listen to the audio of both?

1 Like

It’s great when you want to browse the guide, while still listening to your short. Ideal when watching sports.

2 Likes

The Fox Sports Go ATV app has a really cool PIP feature where you can do split screen, classic pip, or four screen split (they call is mosaic.) PIP or split screen would be awesome for sports on the channels app.

1 Like

PIP not that appealing but multiview being able to do split screen or quad view is a great feature for sports.

http://skreens.com/

something similar to this.

Great app guys. This is certainly the future.

3 Likes

I was just coming here to request this same feature - great for live sports or even live video while using the guide.

2 Likes

Agree with this. Would love to be able to watch 1 or 2 additional videos within the app on Apple TV.

Agree with this! Multiple TVE feeds at once would amazing for Sunday football or other sporting events (think March Madness). Has this ever been considered?

Multiple TVE feeds at once would amazing for Sunday football or other sporting events (think March Madness).

QuadStream on AppleTV also makes this possible: QuadStream + Channels DVR