Playon-Channels integration problem

Hello,
In Playon, I recorded seasons 1 and 2 of The Blacklist in 720p HD and decided I wanted full HD so I deleted the 720p seasons 1 and 2 in Channels and rerecorded season 1 in 1080p - now nothing from Playon shows up in Channels (only 3 OTA season 9 recordings.) I also deleted the 720p season 1 and 2 recordings from my external hard drive, and when they didn't show up, I put them back on the hard drive. I would like to get the 1080p season 1 recordings showing in Channels so I can record the remaining The Blacklist seasons in 1080p. In Playon, in the recordings list, I deleted the season 1 and 2 720p recordings; the season 1 1080p recordings are still in the recordings list. Please help.
Also, on 11/1/21 and 11/2/21, I recorded Taxi, seasons 1 and 2 in Playon - all of the episodes were listed correctly in Playon, but when they got to Channels, many of the episodes were labeled incorrectly, with the wrong title and description attached to the episodes (seasons 3 to 5 were OK.) I immediately contacted Playon several times but they did not answer my support requests. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you very much.