KUDOS! and Question re PlayOn Re-downloading

First of all, a word of appreciation: I've just in the last few days started exploring three features that have dramatically changed my relationship with digital movies: (1) "On Later", to identify and then record movies from TVE channels; (2) streamlinks, to put movies I own, that have been scattered across various streaming sources, finally all in one place; (3) Playon Integration, for the streaming sources that don't play nicely with streamlinks.

I am amazed at how well all of this works. It achieves what Movies Everywhere never did for me (purchased on Vudu? Too bad -- not in MoviesEverywhere. New Line movie? Too bad, not in MoviesEverywhere. Paramount Movie? Too bad, not in MoviesEeverywhere). Honestly, it all feels quite magical to me to have everything from all my old sources in one place, and to be getting new movies into that same one place! :slight_smile: Many kudos to devs, and THANK YOU for all the work you do on this!!

That brings me to my question: I made some recordings in PlayOn, which Channels successfully pulled down. Then, I realized that they were only 480P or maybe 720P, so I (a) deleted them from my PlayOn Cloud and (b) deleted from Channels, emptying trash as well. Then I re-recorded in PlayOn Cloud with Full HD recording setting. Now, Channels seems unable to pull down at least one of the re-recordings that was previously deleted.

I have:

• emptied the trash
  • updated to latest prerelease version
  • restarted the Channels server (as part of the update)
  • unlinked and then re-linked Channels to my PlayOn account
  • resynced after each of those things

And I've read the similar posts at:

and

I have not tried the suggestion from that second post to:

because it was unclear whether that had solved the OP's issue, and because I have been deleting things from PlayOnCloud, and even if I rerecord them, I'm afraid that they might not get re-pulled down by Channels.

Any suggestions on how to work around this?

Thanks in advance for any help!

2 Likes

Could you submit diagnostics from the DVR web UI via Support > Troubleshooting

Yes, just done. Thank you for looking at this.

@tmm1 -- a couple of updates:

1. One of the deleted-then-re-recorded itms has successfully re-pulled into Channels. So it doesn't seem to be an issue about deleting causing re-downloading problems per se.

2. The remaining item has been flagged by PlayOn as having failed to record. The message I got from them said something like wait a day or two and see if it works then. [EDIT: To clarify -- the Channels pull was not failing simply because the PlayOn recording did not exist -- the PlayOn recording definitely did exist, and had completed, but the pull down to Channels was failing. But there may be something about that item that is causing problems both with recording and with pulling down even if the recording is completed.]

So in any case, please do not spend any cycles looking into this right now. I will update again if the problem persists after a couple of days -- hope that works --

@tmm1 -- final update -- I set the item to record once more on PlayOn Cloud, and the recording succeeded. It then did get pulled down succesfully by Channels, and I can play it in Channels.

So, all appears to be fixed and working. Thanks again for being willing to look at this -- sorry for the false alarm.

2 Likes