Pluto for Channels

For some reason I can’t get the guide to display using @maddox docker container. The m3u loads but selecting the epg doesn’t load anything

1 Like

Would it be possible for some help getting docker running under windows 10

1 Like

I have a MAC. Won’t be able to help with Windows docker. I can say it was straight forward and not much to do. I had to down load Docker software and run one command and it was up and running.

Fixed in v2020.12.12.1633

3 Likes

I have the same issue.

Download Docker Desktop for Windows. Easy install.
Once that is installed add the image here:
https://hub.docker.com/r/jonmaddox/pluto-for-channels
Copy the link on the right side (docker pull jonmaddox/pluto-for-channels) run that in a CMD(DOS) window.
When that is done run in a CMD window:
docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --name pluto-for-channels -p 8080:80 jonmaddox/pluto-for-channels

It is that easy and I have never used Docker prior to this.

3 Likes

I figured mine out. You have to enter the custom url for the epg

Got this installed on my Synology Docker instance. Runs my Channels and Plex servers too.

Works great!

2 Likes

Thanks for putting this together... what a great addition. I got it setup on my Mac Mini in Docker (never used Docker before). The only part that is a little confusing in the instruction and might be tripping people up is the urls to use for the new source. I figured it out, but I do have some tech background.

As great as this is, the need for a robust way to manage channels and favorites across the devices is now getting completely unwieldy. Its not a bad problem to have, but nevertheless it is the biggest pain point. That and my finding a way to move recordings around across my multiple external USB drives!

Thanks again for the great work.

We agree. This will be prioritized in 2021. It was important a year ago, and now it starting to get crazy with all the new sources we can get into our lineups.

13 Likes

One seemingly simple thing that would help would be a select all/un select all option for the favorites and hide channel options in the web settings.

1 Like

@maddox i just discovered tonight that pluto runs old nickelodeon game shows like GUTS, double dare, legends of the hidden temple, etc...the ability to run passes for these and record them to have on the server to watch whenever i want to relive my childhood is the greatest christmas gift ever and is worth the cost of channels many times over. just wanted to pass that along and say thank you... :slight_smile:

7 Likes

hahah wow, I feel you on that one. :heart:

3 Likes

As I share with people that Channels DVR can do this in other places like Reddit, is there any chance that Pluto might somehow try to block this from working if it becomes popular? Just curious if M3U is open and as legit as TVE?

1 Like

Since it's free and ad supported, I'd think that they would want more viewers. At least as long as they can measure viewers outside of their app.

1 Like

Makes sense.

@maddox
Along the lines of helping to ensure continued Pluto access, I see there's a Userid field in the M3U. It's currently blank, but it may be worthwhile to think about a way to add it in if you register on the Pluto site.

1 Like

Little help please. I’ve followed the directions above best I could. I’ve got Pluto populating in the 5000range.. it says name of channel left side (no logo) and right side just tiltle of channel...

How can I get what’s on at that time? I have tried to save customer url under provider but still no joy...

This is the link...I try.
https://techzyon.com/epg/plutotv_guide.xml

Running mini pc windows 10..

Thanks in advance for helping rookie

The XML link goes in the guide section, as an xml source. Is that where you put it?

Did you ever resolve this issue?

1 Like