Pluto Movies show up as TV Shows

Why are pluto movies showing up as TV Shows ....

In the Pluto XML EPG it 's listed as Category Movie
<category lang="en">Movie</category>
<category lang="en">Action &amp; Adventure</category>
<category lang="en">Action Classics</category>
<category lang="en">Drama</category>

In the Channels DVR EPG it' s listed as Movie
"Categories": ["Movie"]
"Genres": ["Action \u0026 Adventure", "Action Classics", "Drama"]

Well it is not showing up as Movie. Even though the category is correct it is probably a web ui display error.

@tmm1

I figured out when this happens maybe you can look at it... It happens when I use the XMLTV from one DVR to another ... On the 2nd DVR using from the main DVR Movies are showing up as TVShows.... on the main DVR they show up as movies ... Also full description missing on 2nd DVR. I guess I would have to use the Channels DVR guide for the 2nd DVR.... not the XMLTV.

2nd DVR

Main DVR

1 Like

If you have the time, would you consider pulling the following data from each of your DVRs?

http://:8089/devices/M3U-Pluto/guide
http://:8089/devices/M3U-Pluto/guide/xmltv?duration=99000

Then just copy/paste an arbitrary sample movie from all four sources. Am guessing the XMLTV export process changes some attribute of your otherwise working data from DVR #1 that triggers DVR #2 to treat as TV.

(I have a slightly different problem where none of my Pluto movies show up as movies in the Web UI, but are fine on Channels TV OS.)

There is a known issue in search results where movies not from gracenote are not recognized. The result is that a New Series Pass button appears when it shouldn't. This is specific to how search works for movies and is something that is non-trivial to fix, but on our radar for the next guide database/search revamp.

If movies appear incorrectly elsewhere, that's a separate issue and one that is likely easier to fix.

What is the source on DVR 1 for that Movie?
Isn't it TVE and not Pluto (given the airing time of Saturday 8pm)?

Yes it is TVE. But is is using XMLTV from the main DVR.

I did that before. Custom Channels in a Docker container referencing existing TVE source
I would change it to use Channels/Gracenote guide source on DVR 2 and just get the playlist from DVR1 in the DVR2 m3u setup.

Appreciate the clarification. Since it seemed like it was working for the OP, thought it was a bug in my Pluto EPG importer. Knowing the cause makes it a non-issue for me.

Nice catch!

Yeah I just want 1 DVR to have access to TVE Pluto HDHR UNITS ... so below is a screenshot ..... Of my 2nd DVR. I am ok if it is only the search as long as it records correctly. From the Client UI. I guess Channels DVR is not sending all the data from Gracenote when using their XMLTV.

So your Main DVR1 at 10.0.0.153 has 3 sources (Pluto,TVE,HDHR)?

Yes ... It aso feeds EMBY/PLEX

OK, not sure I understand why you did that.
Are you recording at both DVR1 and DVR2, or just using DVR1 as a back-end source for things?

DVR1 is a backend ... Some folks like using EMBY/PLEX so this way everyone shares tuners.

1 Like

Ahh, got it!

Everything is working ok even if the backend goes down for some reason the other DVRS fall back to the tuners directly. I tested this and it worked.

It is what tmm1 said. During XMLTV import, they process the data differently than with TVE sources. Even though DVR1 sourced the TVE data from Gracenote, DVR2 processes all its channels (including TVE) via XMLTV import. Thus, all DVR2 programs have the same issue as DVR1 Pluto programs.

1 Like

That's why I recommended he do this, until he said he had 3 sources on DVR1.

1 Like

One way to alleviate this issue is to add tvc-guide-stationid tags to the TVE channels from the first DVR to the second. That way the guide info is maintained on the second DVR, and you don't have to worry about XMLTV translation/mapping issues.