Pluto TV and Stirr

It appears the server “http://techzyon.com/“ is no longer viable, so my listings for STIRR are now Zero

The server has been removed it appears.

Unfortunately, I don't see the trash icon, so can't pick a guide provider.

I think you just pick Pick Provider under the cogwheel...
Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 2.07.18 PM

If your using https://techzyon.com/epg/pluto.m3u -- the site is gone. You must setup the Docker now. It works fine for plutotv

Thank you for the quick reply!
When I look at that, I don't see a place to enter the URL.
Do I use: Pick Existing > X-M3U?

I don't see any channels listed when I do.

Click on USA

Thx!

I have Pluto working but not Stirr... hmm

Up a few posts it was discovered the STIRR source is gone, so it'll no longer work.

actually its now working :slight_smile:

Yes, as of 10;20am dec 12, the Techzyon website has returned.

https://techzyon.com/epg/stirr.m3u
https://techzyon.com/epg/stirr_guide.xml

1 Like

When you integrate Pluto into Channels how does it work in the guide? Are there channel numbers or do the channels appear without numbers? I’m trying to get rid of AT&T TV so I’m working on finding possible ways to put as many free “channels” in here as I can. :slight_smile:

Names, numbers, and logos.

1 Like

Even without the Docker method the guide looks like any other. The Docker method adds logos for the playing now portion I believe?

Can someone comment on which one, Stir or Pluto works best/least commercials, ect and which you prefer for the channels in common? TIA.

I read this whole thread and first tried the "non-docker" method and it worked fine, but the "On Now" section was lacking the fancy graphic and on my TV, the program guide lacked graphics as well.

So I decided to try the Docker method. I have never used Docker in my life and had zero ideas what I was doing. My first step was to install Docker on my Synology server. I searched for it in my Package Center and found it right away. I clicked install.

Then I ran Docker on my server and tried to run a container. I got a message that I needed an "Image" so I tried to run an "Image". I got a message that I needed a Registry. So I went to Registry and typed in "pluto-for-channels" in the search bar. Something popped up by jonmaddox so I double clicked on it and something happened.

I think it then created an image that I clicked on and now I had a container. So I clicked on the file in the container and it ran something.

I looked at the container and found that I had a Local Port of 32768 so I opened up a web browser and pointed it at x.x.x.x:32768 where x=my synology server and I found a webpage with two links on it. One link said "playlist" and the other link said "EPG"

So I copied both links to the M3U settings page and, what do you know, it works fine. Everything came up with graphics.

Just goes to show you that you don't need to be afraid of Docker. I had no idea what I was doing and somehow stumbled upon something that appears to be working.

Now, I have no idea if it will continue to work or if I need to do maintenance to keep this working so I'm hoping someone on this thread will tell me exactly what I did to make this work and tell me if I need to do something else to keep it working.

5 Likes

I tried both and ended up deleting Stir. It ran very poorly on my machine and had less than half the channels that Pluto has (maybe 1/3). I was intrigued by Stir because they appear to have one of my local broadcasters news stations, but I couldn't see that in the program guide and it didn't seem worth the hassle of having to go through so many extra channels that had such little added value over Pluto.

I just added Pluto today and am quite pleased. I used the Docker method and have nice graphics everywhere. I found 5 channels to favorite. 1) A wedding channel, 2) a 24/7 Dog channel and 3) a 24/7 Cat channel, 4) two science channels. My wife and two girls love 1-3. I hope to enjoy the two science channels.

1 Like

Have you noticed any recording limitations? I had trouble setting up more than one show for recordings on one channel but looks like a different channel worked?

Thanks TokyoTony, the directions and the little extra info )there was no trash can)helped me.

1 Like