PREVIEW: Library Collections and Virtual Channels (v2021.07.16.2141)

Collections are showing up in the iPhone app, but not sure about Android.

Collections are not available in the Android app yet.

Are you on the lastest TestFlight and pre-release?

That explains why I can find it :). I look forward to it coming to Android, such a nice feature if you switch between collections easily in the app.

2 Likes

On the latest pre-release... so I guess that hasn't been implemented yet? I've been keeping an eye on it and when the movies went away in the library, and with the documentation, I assumed it had been implemented.

There was a change that happened yesterday, that may have affected this, but I'm not seeing the wrong behavior. Can you submit diagnostics from your server?

UPDATE:

Some big changes to sorting Collections have happened over the last 24 hours.

There are more ways to sort Collections and you can now set which direction the sort happens in. You may need to re-pick what sort your collections are using as the options have changed.

Just submitted diagnostics!

Submitted diagnostics. I get javascript errors when I try to change an existing collection's sorting to "Date released" or when I create a new collection with "Date released" sorting.

A Javascript error has occurred!
Please refresh the browser after reporting this issue on Channels Community or to [email protected].

Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'OriginalDate')
OriginalDate@components/ContentCollections.js:312
sort@components/ContentCollections.js:311
sortedItemsForEditingCollection@components/ContentCollections.js:246
b@react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:155
a@react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:157
wh@react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:167
useState@react/cjs/react.production.min.js:25
useState@components/ContentCollections.js:43
c@react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:153

A Javascript error has occurred!
Please refresh the browser after reporting this issue on Channels Community or to [email protected].

Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'slice')
slice@components/ContentCollections.js:294
sortedItemsForEditingCollection@components/ContentCollections.js:246
b@react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:155
a@react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:157
wh@react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:167
useState@react/cjs/react.production.min.js:25
useState@components/ContentCollections.js:43
c@react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:153
oh@react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:175
di@react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:263

What kind of collection?

Can you confirm you have an unmatched movie in the list of items in this collection?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. After I updated the ATV app, and the latest server pre-release, I was able to make a few collections using a smart rule and everything showed up that I selected. I did set the movies to be in a custom order, but they were not in that order on the ATV.

Please submit diagnostics and detail the name of the collection.

It was a custom-sorted movie collection.

I replied to the wrong post, that was supposed to go to @alai.

@alai, it seems you have unmatched content in you collection. Can you submit diagnostics?

Just submitted logs 8787a591-932d-4e6f-9d71-3a39caee1855 but I didn’t see any unmatched movies in that collection.

@maddox Played around with it some more and tried to redo that collection from scratch using a smart rule. I still got javascript errors if I tried to change sorting directly from "Custom" to "Date Released", but when I selected the other options and then switched to "Date Released" everything worked fine.

971261dd-513c-4e99-9056-d839882a5f12

Please name the collection so I can inspect your diagnostics. This isn't enough information.

“Marvel Cinematic Universe: The Infinity Saga”, there shouldn’t have been any unmatched content and it wasn’t specific to that collection. Creating a brand new collection and selecting the release date sorting before adding any content also resulted in errors.

Please update to the latest pre-release and see if the crashing still happens while sorting the collection with items. The issue with sorting an empty collection has been resolved.

1 Like