PREVIEW: Library Collections and Virtual Channels (v2021.07.16.2141)

I've see this on the web interface too - I think as of right now the web UI doesn't obey the new sort order options for collections, while the iOS/tvOS apps do. At least that has been my experience.

Some recent improvements to Virtual Channels on iOS/tvOS:

1. Subtitle support has gotten better (as it has in the whole app). Forced subs will automatically play for the content that has them.
  2. Subtitles should not be randomly turning on anymore.
  3. You can now watch airings that are in virtual channels immediately. Items in the future have a Watch Now button and currently playing items have a Watch from the Beginning button.
8 Likes

Just happened again today. Once again on the "Murder She Wrote" channel and when it got to the last show that is recorded. I actually have an Andy Griffith show VC that got to the last episode today also, it wrapped and started over at the first episode. Only happens on Murder She Wrote, The 6:00 pm Andy Griffith is where it wrapped back to S1E1.

How many hours of episodes of that show are in your library?

245 episodes, 1 hour each

2 Likes

any way to control which audio track plays? i have rifftrax movies and i want the first track to play but it selects the second because presumable its surround

In the future, we’ll track preferred tracks. You’ll be able to select them on the server. And if you pick them while watching, they’ll stick.

For now we can’t. It’s gonna take a big change to fix it to work like that. But it will come.

1 Like

The latest TestFlight beta for tvOS does a bit to make watching virtual channels a bit better.

When watching one, and having content matched (frame rate or HDR), the content will get unmatched when jumping to a regular channel (or rematched if you go to another virtual channel).

3 Likes

:tada: This has shipped :tada:

Thanks for ALL of the hard work and feedback from you guys. I'm going to close this topic now. If you have any issues, just open a new topic.

3 Likes