PREVIEW: Library Collections and Virtual Channels (v2021.07.16.2141)

There is fast and then there is crazy fast. What a response! lol thanks!

1 Like

Is there someplace inside the DVR folder structure we can put the artwork for the channels and collections and reference it via a url? I am struggling trying to find a place to save the artwork and have access to it via a url.

I just have an account on imgur and upload there. Right click on the image after its upload and hit open in a new window. You will get the direct jpg url. Then just use that. Though your question is not a bad idea if we can specify an internal url so it is all self contained

1 Like

YES thank you for implementing this!

Slightly off-topic, but is there a chance we could see this option for guide-mapped channels sometime soon? :grin:

Thanks for the suggestion. I will look into it.

This probably isn't the place to post this but I notice that you can FF even this is pseudo "live TV". This is cool because some of my content has commercials. I also notice that I can rewind to the beginning of a show or movie -- also cool. This brings up my request: Would it be possible to have double-click BACK go to the beginning of a recording kinda like how double-click FF skips a commercial? I think this would be great throughout Channels, not just virtual channels.

2 Likes

I know you mentioned the first goal was to get the backbone of this working great before adding features but I was curious if there would be any plan to automatically be able to add to a collection. One of the huge benefits I've been hoping for with collections would be a way to separate out dvr recordings vs my local media. I obviously could manually do that but it would be quite the pain to keep up with!

+1 to being able to upload our own artwork. I'd love to put, for example, my wife's face as the art for her channel. :smiley:

I too hand noticed that you can fast forward’ ‘live’ virtual channels. I have to ask, what happens to the guide when you do this?

Well, what happened when you tried it?

Nothing.

Ah ok. I see now. I can fast forward as long as I like while watching and then when I next retune to the channel it goes back to wherever it said it would be per the guide. Neat!

Newest tvOS/iOS TestFlight build now has support for your Collections. You can find them in the Movies, TV Shows, and Kids enhanced views.

4 Likes

Follow up version on TestFlight fixes content matching on Virtual Channels.

Previously, the "Match Content for Live TV" setting was being used. That setting is ignored for content in Virtual Channels now.

Is there a limit to the number of virtual channels or does it only play the channel when it is being viewed?

P.S. I quite like the option to watch from library or watch live, will that be included? I know I can always rewind...

There doesn’t seem to be a more button in the app to browse all of your collections though or am I just missing it? I get to the end of the list and that’s it.

Keep up the great work!

It does not limit them. It shows all of them.

I only see 10 out of my 21 collections. All of the collections are marked for Library.

1 Like

OK, thanks! I'll check it out.

Newest tvOS/iOS TestFlight build:

• IMPROVED: Manage collections inclusion for your content in the app.
  • FIXED: Views were only showing 10 collections, they now show all of them.
3 Likes