PREVIEW: Library Collections and Virtual Channels (v2021.07.16.2141)

Content is looped for the next few days only, but refreshed during the guide data update every morning.

1 Like

I haven't taken the time to check this out yet, I don't have any content that I enjoy enough to make into a channel, so is there a way to make it just shuffle the library?

Anyone have any thoughts on this issue? I haven't figured out a fix yet.

You can do all this with Dizque Tv. However if Channels developed that capability that would be a game changer.

Does it show up in the guide if all channels is selected? My hunch is that your virtual channel somehow got dropped from your channel collection.

Any chance we could get the option of adding collections to the left menu bar? Seems like an easy way for me and the wife to have separate "dvr's". Thanks!

2 Likes

Bad sign. You can crash at my place man, but I'm holding the remote. :smile:

1 Like

Haha :laughing:

I think they mentioned this was planned, but it is an absolute must IMO.

1 Like

I managed to get the entire library on shuffle just by selecting everything, but it would be better to have that option so I wont have to go back and add new shows. I didn't think I would use this much but I'm digging it, great work.

No, it doesn’t. :slightly_frowning_face:

I’ve been using this to make a 24x7 channel for my autistic son and it’s been working great for the most part. However I’m noticing that occasionally the playback hangs:

I have a script that records the status of the client every minute. When it’s playing properly, I get good data back:

{"status":"playing","muted":false,"channel":{"number":"10001","name":"Yo Gabba Gabba!"},"now_playing":{"season_number":1,"title":"Yo Gabba Gabba!","image_url":"http:\/\/fanc.tmsimg.com\/assets\/p186136_b_h6_ac.jpg","episode_title":"Share","episode_number":15,"summary":"The Gabba gang learns about sharing; Cornelius performs."}}

However when it hangs like this, it shows the channel is still playing, but the episode details vanish:

{"status":"playing","muted":false,"channel":{"number":"10001","name":"Yo Gabba Gabba!"},"now_playing":{"image_url":null}}

Submitted diagnostics from the Apple TV, hope it helps.

What would help more is submitting diagnostics from the app after this happens.

I did. Immediately after. :grin:

I may have submitted diagnostics from another Apple TV after that for a crash, so you may have a couple from me recently…

Seems like it has to be some sort of database issue. I would restore from last known good backup, but I’m reckless and impulsive and sometimes don’t get much sleep. My family is afraid of me.

1 Like

Before going as crazy as I am, maybe try deleting one of your virtual channels as add it again to see
If it shows up in your guide.

Maybe the Virtual device is disabled on the Apple TV? Check Settings > Manage Sources > Virtual Channels to see if its enabled

It’s enabled. I’ve tried refreshing the source and rescanning, but none of that is helping. :confused:

Do the channels appear there in settings? Are the channels marked hidden or favorited there?

There’s no way to implement Plex collections into this, is there? Just trying to avoid the workload of rebuilding collections