Problems with creating a pass

I have problems recording certain shows. Sometimes, when I create a pass, it will record the initial show and then skip all subsequent broadcasts indicating they have already been recorded. For example, when I create a pass for "Wyoming News Now at 10 pm", it will record the first broadcast and then mark all following shows "as recorded". I have 'all episodes' selected. The source is a custom channel m3u text playlist.

Most likely your EPG guide info is missing a unique identifier for each airing.
How do you get the guide data for that source and from where?

From an xml guide from my provider. It refreshes every hour but does not load more than a day at a time.

Then you'll have to look at the XML.
Channels DVR needs a unique identifier for each airing, otherwise it can't tell them apart.
For Gracenote provided EPG it uses ProgramID

1 Like

Any idea how I can use Gracenote as my epg? Thanks

If Gracenote has guide data for the channels you use, there are ways to do it.
If you find guide data for them at zap2it.com (uses Gracenote EPG) it can be done.

I tried xTeVe - way too hard. Plex would not recognize the playlist. I guess I will go into the guide and record it daily - thanks.

You can map your channels to the gracenote equivalent via the gui

What is the gracenote equivalent?

I clicked on the pencil and there are literally thousands of channels to choose from. Is there a way to search or order the stations?

Yeah just type in the channel that you are trying to map in the search field (or station call sign). You may have to select search all lineups if you cant locate it on the provider you chose

Got it thanks (I feel like an idiot) - they were all mapped correctly/