Proper steps to restore from existing non-PI DVR

Fresh Pi install, DVR folder is set to /media/DVR.
Steps I've been trying to do:
Enable Samba - success.
Copy folders from DVR folder on old dvr server to /media/DVR - success.
In browser, open /restore url and try to pick a backup from Database folder - problem #1 - solved I think?. If I browse to /media/DVR/Database/ I can see two dozen or so backups from my old DVR but when I select the directory it just says no backups found. I was able to work around this by creating a /media/DVR/old/Database and when I do that and move one of the backups from /DVR/Database to there, it recognizes it and lets me restore. Not sure why it won't recognize any backups when they are in /media/DVR/Database directory.
Once the restore completes, the web UI goes back to asking me to select a DVR folder. I re-select /media/DVR (I assume this is because the folder F:\DVR referenced in the backup database no longer exists?) and then the entire Pi DVR server hangs up and I get either no response to web requests or a partial webpage load with just a spinning wheel icon.. otherwise nonresponsive.

I'm about to just abandon everything and start from scratch but would really like to not have to redo all my sources, passes, etc...

Please submit diagnostics from the dvr under Support > Troubleshooting

I can't unfortunately as the web page ui is unresponsive - either will not load at all or only loads with the top header and a black spinning circle with the rest of the page not loading and no ability to click on support in the top area.

Sounds like a corrupted backup maybe. Try a different one?

Any way to do that besides starting over with a fresh pi image? I'll try another one. I assume I should do the same thing and put the backup in a directory names database that is not /media/DVR/Database as when I copy them there the restore page won't recognize them, only if I put them in a /Database directory in another location.

This is what the webui looks like if it does load:

Does http://192.168.0.117:8089/log load?

Nope. Reimage?

Yes. Maybe enable SSH first next time so you can get in and see what's going on

Reimaged again and grabbed a different backup and it worked - had to run the pruner afterwards as I had deleted a number of recordings just prior to migration that were not reflected in the backup but that ran smoothly. Also I found that with just a couple of hand selected backups in the /media/DVR/Database folder this time I was indeed able to point to it directly for the restore. For some reason when I copy all the backups in, the webui says there are no backups at all. Not sure if thats a bug or if another backup is also corrupt in such a way that when it scans it the whole operation borks.

Anyway all good now, Thanks!