Provider - Hulu Live TV

@rpaulmerrell, did you actually have to use the 2fa built into the Channels pre-release, and enter the validation codes sent from Hulu. I'm assuming the Hulu 2fa system in Channels would require some user interaction, if it is needed?

I didn't have to use the 2FA with channels, i only had to manaully rescan using the latest prerelease.

Thanks, I gave up on Hulu back in April, due to the 2fa issues. Was just wondering how it is now, because Hulu would be a cheaper option for me. Guess I'll give it a go after at the end of the month.

My billing date for my current account ends on the 21st so want to wait until around October 3 or 4th to get Hulu with my other unusued account.
Great Holiday gift.
it might be more later but I will at least round out the year with less expensive tv.

still not working for me, 2023.09.15.0559

When doing the channel verification, does it just brings down?
I've been using TVE on Hulu live and it seems to work ok.

I lost FS1, FS2, BTN???????

I have it here at present but when it rescans it might not be there.

1 Like

I performed a rescan just now and it's back working!

1 Like

Successfully works with only one set up I tried:

Channels Server on Windows 10, Latest Channels pre-release, and NOT signing into Hulu via browser on that machine. If you already signed into Hulu on that computer, you must delete device in Hulu. You will be prompted for Hulu username/password when adding source in Channels Server.

Failed with Channels Server on NAS.
Failed with Channels Server on Mac.

Tried the Mac/NAS setups for 2 days with multiple variations, including recommendations given here previously, with no success, before giving up and finally trying Windows via VM on one of my Mac minis. Worked right away!

Maybe this can help with a future Channels upgrade, as I would prefer using Hulu with Channels Server on my NAS.

NAS is working great with other sources.

Hope this is helpful.

Update: The newest pre-release, v2023.09.19.2020, appears to have fixed this issue!

I can successfully add Hulu as a source in Channels DVR server installed on a Nas.

You are still prompted for a 2fa code, but when you enter the code from your email, it starts scanning channels and adds Hulu as a source.

Thanks for the fast and excellent support of this great program!

2 Likes

So, just to confirm, Channels DVR now allows the user to enter the 2FA code that they receive in the email, and negotiates the correction?

Specifically with Hulu, yes.

3 Likes

Nice. Does anyone have a screenshot of what that looks like, especially when Hulu decides it's time for a new authentication?

Back when Channels DVR was having problems with Hulu, I would receive numerous emails in a row with multiple codes. I imagine there was a new code each time a station was tuned.

Can we call this issue "resolved" at this point?

I got so sick of Hulu and their authenticating fetish that I switched to the HDMI method for those channels.

2 Likes

I think as time progresses, we arrr going to see more folks making the move.

1 Like

I am waiting for the HDMI method to be more hashed out. Love the work they are doing but it seems the directions are all over the place.

2 Likes

I'm glad that we have an active community creating solutions that allow us to have a good viewing experience.
So far although I like Hulu live YTTV seems to work better, especially with ADBTuner.
The handoff between tuners seems to go off with fewer failures.

1 Like

I've been sticking with Hulu because its a better value for me. Irritating as it might be.

I was going to go with Hulu live while they had their deal but tired of messing with things.
I'm just going to stick with YTTV for what it is.

1 Like