Provider - Hulu Live TV

Which Hulu apps and devices offer code auth? On Apple TV and Android TV there is no such option in their app.

On my 3 Android TV devices (Shield Pro, Mi Box and Mi Stick) when setting up the Hulu app, it gives 2 options:

1 Like

When trying to authenticate, is the request coming from my local install on my device or is it funneled through another server?

The reason I asked if it's routed through another server is they lock things down to a "Home" now and that could be an issue if request is coming from outside "Home".

appears whatever the issue was on the Hulu side has been cleared - can now log in via incognito and TVE on channels

1 Like

It is now allowing me to add it back as joagomez noted. But NBC now doesn't stream when accessed via /devices/TVE-Hulu/channels.m3u? link. It will play fine within Channels directly.

I would appreciate any new suggestions.

Hulu TVE stopped working (got email spammed with auth codes the other day).
I have:

• removed Hulu from Channels
  • updated Channels to today's release
  • removed all devices on the Hulu account
  • changed Hulu password
  • logged into Hulu via Chrome
  • confirmed playback on nbc.com/live on Chrome incognito
  • Logged into Hulu on Apple TV (can see it on my hulu account)
  • Logged into "TV Provider" on Apple TV (can see it on my Hulu account)

Adding Hulu Live to TVE on Channels still fails with the pop-up "We couldn't log you in" error.

I have no idea what to try now.

Noticed the issue of authenticating within Hulu came back yesterday for me as well on an instance where I was trying to re-add TVE. From hulu.com in chrome and incognito I started having issues that it was unable to access location information for my browser so I think they are still doing some changes to authentication on the Hulu side.

This is a regular thing for me. When I start getting emails with codes from Hulu I know TVE is not working again. Each time I remove TVE from Hulu and remove Hulu from Channels. It generally takes about an hour of repeated attempts to add Hulu before TVE works again.

Or someone is trying to hack your account.

The codes have always corresponded with Channels failing to record from Hulu TVE. At that point I can no longer browse any Hulu TVE from Channels. This happens every 5-8 days so far.

I gave up, unfortunately, and moved to another service. Even though Hulu Live is the lowest cost solution for what I need. I may have given up on Channels as well, and used the Hulu app. But, that thing is terrible and will not work reliably on my nVidia Shield.

Hulu App doesn't work reliably on Apple TV either. DVR part constantly crashes app. Made me appreciate Channels DVR even more.

Does anyone know how to compensate for this when working to add Hulu Live to Channels? It's asking for the validation code that I get over email, but this just seems to be an image, not a form I can fill in and submit inside of Channels.

Not exactly the same issue, but it might work for you. I've been having issues tuning into / recording Discovery owned channels. The logs were saying authentication failed.

Here is how I resolved the issue:

• I removed Hulu Live from Channels
  • Went into a new web browser tab and signed into Hulu, signed out, clicked on the Sign in button, but then clicked the "Send password reset link" button
  • Went into my email account and clicked the reset password link
  • Updated my password to the same password I've been using
  • Signed into Hulu in the browser tab the reset password redirected me to
  • I went into Channels and added TV Everywhere using Hulu Live with my email and "new" password

Channels then verified all the channels that Hulu gives me access to and now I'm able to tune to Discovery channels.

2 Likes

Nice, so that worked for me. It looks like maybe Hulu disables the "pin code validation" for a period of time after a password reset, so it doesn't require Channels to have to navigate that. One slight difference for me, I was not able to use my old password again, it gave me an error that the new password had to be different than the old one, but following your steps and just changing the password to something new, worked perfectly. Thank you @Jeff_Trusty!

I use Philo for most of my TVE stuff except for Spports, TBS,TNT and Freeform etc.
If you don't need the Disney stuff the Philo Log-in stuff does well.
I would look into some of the other projects going on around the forum and see if something works for you.
I agree about the Hulu APP. Very Bulky.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Channel collection not displaying some channels to select

Any feedback on this update for Hulu 2fa on the pre-release server, from a few days ago. I'm thinking about trying Hulu again at the end of the month. Just wondering if anyone has used this 2fa within Channels?

When i last did a scan, it took a while to add channels.
I had to go in 1 by 1 and scan each TVE entry manually.
TBS and so on seemed to be easier to add
I got several emails with validation codes from Hulu.
All is good now with the rescan.