Provider - Philo

Hello, just did the latest Pi and DVR update(pre-release 5/7/1731 and still have issues tuning what appears to be some, not all discovery channels(TLC, discovery, motortrend, etc.). Food network tunes though. Hallmark tunes fine under TVE. Checked Philo streaming via web browser and is working. Anyone else have this issue? I'm using TVE under Philo so not sure it's affecting other TVE logins too. Thanks.

Diving into this further, I think this is an issue with the browser cache(Chrome). I cleared my cache on my PC and could get the Philo login screen. So I'll post in the DVR Pi channel to get the fix for the Pi DVR. Thanks.

1 Like

I had this issue earlier this week on the Discovery Networks. There was a login form error in the log. Rescanning the channels did not fix it for me. I had to remove Philo and re-add it as a source.

I keep seeing that nickelodeon is not offered on Philo live. I'm watching it right now on philo and it's live. My Channels DVR isn't even scanning for Nickelodeon from Philo. Am I doing something wrong? I just set this up.

-Greg

https://getchannels.com/docs/channels-dvr-server/tv-everywhere/availability/#Philo

You can find the TVE channels supported by Philo using the link above.

There is no 1:1 relationship between you can view in the Philo App and TVE Channels that Philo supports.

The link does show Nick Jr being supported.

1 Like

Also see this related support article if you aren't familiar with Channels TVE
https://getchannels.com/docs/channels-dvr-server/tv-everywhere/about/#why-dont-i-receive-all-the-channels-i-have-with-my-provider

And What channels are available?

What channels are not available?

Nickelodeon does not support live streaming via TV Everywhere.

I've had to delete and re-add Philo twice in the past 4 days. Some channels work and some give me multiple different errors (no login form, 404 errors, and something about characters). Once I delete and add again everything works fine. I am up to date with my DVR server and Channels app on ATV.

1 Like

I'm not trying to get Nickelodeon from Nickelodeon itself (I'm aware that you can't stream directly from Nickelodeon. Philo offers this channel live that I can watch on my TV or on my computer commercials and everything. I have a URL for the live stream if it's necessary.

-Greg

Not sure what you're asking then.

I think you're confused about how Channels DVR and TVE authentication works.
Almost everyone is confused at first.

I get MTV and Nickelodeon via my Xfinity cable subscription, but I can't get them through Channels DVR TVE because...

1. MTV is not available via TVE authentication for Xfinity customers
  2. Nickelodeon doesn't have a live stream that works with TVE authentication

I can watch them both through Xfinity stream or using my HDHR Prime with cablecard.

Channels ONLY gives you the channels from providers like Sling, Hulu, Fubo, etc. via TVE. That means they use the subscription only as login credentials to access the TVE source. The best way to test a channel to see if it will work is to load the channels TVE app, like Nickelodeon, and see if it has linear live channels available. If it does not, then you will NOT get the channel with Channels. Nickelodeon's app does not have a live channel. NickJr does. So this is why you can't get your Spongebob on with Channels. The fact that Philo has the live channel is irrelevant because Channels gets nothing from Philo except the login credential to then go and access the streams from the TVE sources... not from Philo.

FYI, if you setup Pluto, you can get some Nik content. We use that, but usually just go into the Philo app when we want a Spongebob fix.

2 Likes

Anyone have an updated list on which channels are working in Channels DVR and which aren't?

I can confirm that the provided TVE Availability list for Philo is up to date, and all available TVE channels for Philo are working in Channels DVR.

So every item there with "check availability" is in fact working in Channels DVR today?

When the list shows “check availability “ it means that provider does indeed provide that channel… however, you still need to check to see if your select package with that provider allows access.

Yes.

Note that just like with other providers, for the Paramount family of channels (CC, MTV, VH1, CMT, BET, TVLAND, PARAMOUNT, LOGO, NICKJR) you will only receive either the East or West coast feeds based on your server's detected location.

Thank you

1 Like

Getting Philo Ch 6001 (TVE) ABC TV. The EPG list it as ABC/6 Columbus OH, but the actual broadcast is ABC/8 Charleston WV. Just curious; anyone else seeing local channel on Philo TVE's listings?

I'm in OH and use HD Homerun to get OTA TV from Huntington-Charleston WV.

I've got Philo in TX and I am not seeing TVE channels in my Philo channel listings. First channel that shows up for me is Ch. 6010, Comedy Central.