Provider - Philo

I have, several times. Same result. I even removed, rebooted, readded. Is there a more thorough "Remove"

It works now!

It had to be a timer set somewhere on the provider end. I was put in the penalty box :slight_smile:
@tmm1 I'm searching but I'm still having a hard time understanding the TVE for local channels. Two Channels DVR boxes now working, both had the same subscription one has 99 ch the other 98. The difference is local ABC (6001 for me). One says Login not supported and the other one works (and I can see content).

I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth and screw with it much today because I'd rather be missing one then 40 channels but why isn't that one channel working on just one device?

Not sure; the locals option is marked Experimental because it is not reliable.

If you need to rescan channels you should do so individually per-channel via the Edit menu.

1 Like

Philo is not your provider if you are getting locals.

1 Like

I get WMHT and ABC local using Philo. Those are the only two available in my area apparently.

In the Philo app?

No, only using channels dvr the with philo as provider

So, you are not getting it through Philo. Can you log into the ABC website as Philo as your provider?

Hi tmm1 - I cannot use Philo to login with that link.

I'm most concerned about HGTV and Hallmark at the moment.

Still getting "not authorized" - but I can get into them using Philo and the links that have been provided in other threads.

Very puzzling. Updated Win10, Chrome and Channels server (2010.10.16.1640).

Looks like a lot of other members have it working but cannot figure this out.

Any ideas? I'm wondering if it could be a PC issue? Using a Dell desktop machine (Optimplex 790)

Thank you for any help you can provide.

2 Likes

Okey Dokey - got 'er figured out!!!! YEAA!!!

It was an account screw up with Philo!!

Working FINE now!!

Channels ROCKS!!

Ya'll take care!!

Mike

4 Likes

Are you guys getting Game Show Network through Philo and Channels DVR? Also, how about Lifetime Movie Network?

No. I only see Lifetime in my lineup. Have not see GSN either but there is Buzzer which is similar to GSN showing old game shows.

There are also several game show channels on Pluto that you can now add for free.

1 Like

I keep trying to add Philo as a source and I get the error "no login form found" I see the picture where I would normally enter my mobile number to gain access but the picture isn't clickable. I have already logged into Philo in the same browser (Chrome) on the same computer but that doesnt seem to be helping the situation. Any ideas? Thanks!

Submit diagnostics and email support

Thank you....I ended up successfully adding Philo as a source but had to use Safari instead of Chrome. After selecting Philo from the dropdown list, I was asked for my Philo email address (that didn't happen in Chrome), I was sent an email from Philo that I needed to click to verify and then the channels from Philo were added.

I thought that the BBC World News stream was encrypted and there was a legal issue in decrypting it.

Yesterday I had an issue adding Philo and wanted to share in case others had the same problem.

Devices:
Raspberry Pi 4 - Running Ubuntu Desktop - Channels-DVR Server
Sony Bravia x950h - Running Android TV - Channels-DVR Beta

I was able to add Philo to the DVR without any issues, and I could SEE the channels but there wasn't any sound ... at all. I was worried that it might be an encoding issue, I had similar issues with my hdhomerun and the atsc 3.0 channels on Plex originally.

I eventually got it working but I'm not sure exactly which step kicked it into working.

• Switched to the Beta Client (that was the logical first step for the beta features :grin:)
  • Turned on the sharing tuner setting in the TV client and confirmed it was working on my android phone...
  • Disabled Philo, refreshed the source, re-enabled it.

Still wasn't working ...

• Logged back onto the server and signed back in from the computer's chrome browser itself ... this time it asked me if it was an Android TV device and I think the first time it only asked it it was an android (maybe because I was using it on my phone with that tuner last)

Anyway - after doing that and then disabling and enabling it again on the TV app ... IT WORKED.

Not sure if this was luck or if there is some sort of issue with the encoding if it assumes android vs. android TV? - either way... IT WORKS NOW! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I just subscribed to Philo. A Channels DVR scan of Philo was mostly successful. The only channel that appears to be missing is LMN (Lifetime Movie Network). The scan log does not show Channels DVR checking for that channel. LMN is available on my ATV4 Philo app.

Perhaps I've missed something.
Thanks for your assistance!

There are some channels on Philo that don't support TV Everywhere and therefore don't work with ChannelsDVR. AXS & BBCNews are a couple I can think of. Lifetime Movie Network must fall into that same category

1 Like