Provider - Philo

did game show network disappear for anyone else?

(Note: I can recreate it in a virtual channel, but I wish I have more control over the virtual channels programming blocks to better recreate the experience)

GSN? That's been DRM'd for a while on the TVE side. Are you talking about the TVE version or the version on the Philo app?

I thought that it was recently available from Philo under TVE in the Channels server. Guess I didn't notice them removing it.

1 Like
3 Likes

Yeah...you could get in it Channels using ADB/HDMI/CC4C or the Frndly tool or the Fubo bridge

Their sister channel GAME Show Central tho is viewable via FAST services (Pluto, Tubi, Samsung, Roku) and you could view that in channels using the proper tools for each

I have pretty much dorpped TVE with a few exceptions in favor of FRNDLY and Fubo plus ADBTuner.

I did a little screen scraping to get the full list of Philo channels. This is everything, including their add-on packages, that is not available (to me) on TVE. FYI, I am on the US west coast (near Seattle). Some Philo channel feeds are East/West specific. I got the complete list of Philo channels by grabbing and manipulating the text behind Philo - Your favorite shows have a new home.

The IDs are what you need to know for the TVE alternative techniques that have been discussed over the last year or two in these forums (HDMI for Channels, and ADBTuner: A "channel tuning" application for networked Google TV / Android TV devices). For example, Catchy Comedy is https://www.philo.com/player/player/channel/Q2hhbm5lbDo2MDg1NDg4OTk2NDg0Mzk2OTU.

The list is in two forms.

For the JSON file, I used channel numbers starting at 77001 (or you can let Channels assign channel numbers).

I added Gracenote tvc_guide_stationid where I could figure them out. I used the Channels DVR query http://your.channels.server:8089/tms/stations/catchy. In many cases, that returned multiple line-ups and I had to choose one based on scant information. I generally chose entries with "HDTV", "en", and "streaming" tags, but there was a lot of variety. If you spot any errors in those Gracenote values, please let me know.

Does anyone know of an XMLTV guide for Philo?

UPDATE: I moved the files to WJCarpenter / tv scraps ยท GitLab for better tracking of changes. I used unique channel numbers and added the Gracenote lineup IDs. If anyone spots errors in the Gracenote stuff, please let me know.

2 Likes