Provider - Philo

?? I see FOX sports screen telling me Philo is not supported.

1 Like

At the bottom of the troubleshooting page submit diagnostics and post back the alphanumeric number so the devs can take a look.

1 Like

Done 1b002d02-7f95-4425-836e-40e2a020bb2b .

This is the line up I see for Philo

1 Like

Do you have any special characters in your password? If so change your philo password to not have any.

Password is my phone number, and Philo send a text message for me to confirm.

The Philo app works on my TV, using the same way.

1 Like

I have Channels DVR on my Synology and Philo log in works here.
I just rescanned channels.

Appears Fox Sports doesn't support Philo
Try at their website and it doesn't show Philo as a supported provider

I'm not trying to get Fox sports. Trying to add Philo TVE as a source to my CDVR.
Philo does not provide locals, sports, or news channels. My problem is the lineup I'm getting doesn't match Philo's channels.

I’m kinda surprised the Devs haven’t responded yet. In the meantime can you login and watch here with your Philo credentials?

https://go.discovery.com/live-now

If so hit this scan button go down to discovery channel and hit rescan on that one channel. If it errors out post a screenshot of the error

Yes I can login @ Discovery.com

The rescan shows the channels I should get are Gray.

Sorry : Having trouble posting a screen capture. Keep getting my old one.

access.denied.missingpackage: Discovery

1 Like

Able to capture screen. (Need to use a combo of four keys)

Not sure what your using for server. Is your chrome up to date?

MS Edge.......Philo TVE worked in the past using same server.

2 Likes

Try rescanning discovery again and the look in the logs for a line that says something like version chrome product = and post back with the number. Is your server a pi, windows, Linux, nas?

1 Like

I should have been more specific. Channels Server generally uses chrome on the backend to do the login for TVE. Even though you may be accessing the server settings with MS Edge.

My server is a Desktop PC, running Windows 10
Don't see Crome version in log. Hope this helps.

023/10/25 12:43:17.014803 [TVE] action=cookies num_domains=1 num_cookies=1
2023/10/25 12:43:18.210999 [TVE] action=science_stream error={[{access.denied.missingpackage 403 {[Discovery]}}] {{[]}}}
2023/10/25 12:43:18.331001 [TVE] Channel scan DISCOVERY failed: access.denied.missingpackage: Discovery

2 Likes

I would try installing the latest chrome version restart the server and try doing a rescan. Not sure if it will fix but Channels will generally use the latest Chrome version installed on the pc.

But sure seems like a mismatch between the user your logging in with and the authentication servers for TVE access.

2 Likes

Also I just logged into my philo account. I see where you can add mobile number for sign-in information. I would assume you can still use your e-mail. Could you try using that instead of the phone number?

On your server pc open Google Chrome and enter the following in its address bar: chrome://version