Provider - Sling TV

Can anyone confirm that Sling's stream limits apply to TVE streams as well (specifically ESPN channels)?

I remember when I had Sling. I couldn’t watch through the Sling app while watching on the ESPN website and vice versa. . This was last year, don’t know if it has changed

Thanks. I always thought streams via TVE were either authorized or not. And the provider's stream limit was irrelevant. But, I guess that's not the case - at least with Sling.

New Channels DVR user. ESPN does not show up in guide after several scans.

I spoke with Sling last week about this and they confirmed the stream limits apply to TVE as well. We had the same problem as posted here with not being able to watch ESPN channels on the Sling app and ESPN app at the same time. That won't work in our household. We dropped Sling for YTTV and Philo on Sunday.

Does anyone know if sling dropped the natgeo tve streams? Can't watch on the natgeo page either.....wondering if anyone else still has access to the channels?

Thanks

1 Like

They still list Sling TV as a provider when you go to their watch live website https://www.nationalgeographic.com/tv/watch-live

What happens when you try to login with your Sling TV credentials?

Nat Geo TV support site

List of Providers

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I get

You have not been signed in since it appears your TV subscription does not include access to the following channel(s):

ngc Logongc not authorized

ngw Logongw not authorized

If you believe you have received this message in error, please contact your TV provider.

So it's Sling TV you need to contact and tell them what happens when you try to watch at the natgeo website.

Yes before I spend hours on the phone, just thought I would ask if anyone else is seeing similar.

Thanks

5 posts were split to a new topic: DS214play issue with TVE

Just saw this in regards to Sling.

even more reason to have your own setup with things like Channels.
never know when things like the slingbox will get axed.

1 Like

Ha! I have a Slingbox sitting in my "closet of discarded technology". Was a great piece of tech at the time. Used it with my Tivo before the mini was introduced. But with Channels replacing both, it's all junk to me now.

New Sling Orange User Here. Only 65 channels pop up for Sling with Channels TVE and they are not even good channels LOL. I am looking for Freeform, TBS, among others and they are supported by TVE so I don't understand what I am doing wrong to make them not show up. Any Ideas?

As of 11/27/2020 here's what I see on my Channels DVR, using only Sling Blue:
Bravo, E!, FX (east and west), MSNBC, SYFY, USA.

Adding Sling Orange to Blue adds Oxygen & National Geographic (east and west)

That's it.

I'm not buying any extra packages which may contain more TVE.

No locals.

YMMV.

I don't understand how adding Orange adds NAT Geo, since it's on Blue. Regardless Sling has terrible TVE support.

Good points. I don't understand it either. I just shared my experience as it's sometimes hard to find a definitive list of what access you actually get with Sling and what works on the Channels DVR. While I could rely on the Sling DVR and record just about every channel on their system, I don't feel like paying for DVR space with Sling. I'd rather fund the Channels DVR folks who in my opinion, have a vastly superior DVR.

Looks like this is thread is kind of dead. I sprung for a year of channels and added Sling Blue with the Lifestyle package of 10 channels -but none of them show up in my guide. From what I've read this is a pretty common problem, has anyone found a solution?

I really want to drop D but need a fully functional DVR, thought I found one.

I think this chart is fairly accurate.