Provider - Sling TV

You would need to install the chromium freebsd package

pkg update

then

pkg install chromium

resolved the issue

I was mulling over the same issue -- the lack of TVE support from the various Turner networks (CNN, TNT, TBS) and several other cable groups...

And then I realized, even if I can't record those channels via Channels DVR like I do most of my content, I can now still record the non TVE-ones via the relatively new 10 hours free DVR on paid Sling. And still watch that cloud DVR content via the Sling app.

Not quite as good as having everything locally recorded by Channels DVR and available within same, like I can with the regular TVE channels that Sling has. But better than the old days when Sling charged an extra $5 a month in order to provide any cloud DVR service.

The Happy Hour special promo, even for those who already have had it such as myself, is ending today or tomorrow AFAIK... Sling has been advertising that coming end a lot, and trying to get folks to switch to paid regular subscriptions with a 7-day initial free trial. Re HH, it was great while it lasted!

I checked the selection for locals via TVE, however in sling it does not show FOX local. If I go to https://www.fox.com/live/channel/KDFW/ and log in with my sling credentials the local FOX channel streams fine. Sling TVE only lists NBC local. Can FOX be added? For some reason FOX is listed in the Philo list which doesn't work.

1 Like

Anyone else having ESPN troubles? I used to have access to connect to the ESPN channels via TVE with my Sling credentials but theyā€™re now not working. Iā€™ve rescanned channels from the DVR management web page and now the ESPNs arenā€™t showing up any longer.

It's back again. Transient issue I guess.

Can anyone confirm that Sling's stream limits apply to TVE streams as well (specifically ESPN channels)?

I remember when I had Sling. I couldnā€™t watch through the Sling app while watching on the ESPN website and vice versa. . This was last year, donā€™t know if it has changed

Thanks. I always thought streams via TVE were either authorized or not. And the provider's stream limit was irrelevant. But, I guess that's not the case - at least with Sling.

New Channels DVR user. ESPN does not show up in guide after several scans.

I spoke with Sling last week about this and they confirmed the stream limits apply to TVE as well. We had the same problem as posted here with not being able to watch ESPN channels on the Sling app and ESPN app at the same time. That won't work in our household. We dropped Sling for YTTV and Philo on Sunday.

Does anyone know if sling dropped the natgeo tve streams? Can't watch on the natgeo page either.....wondering if anyone else still has access to the channels?

Thanks

1 Like

They still list Sling TV as a provider when you go to their watch live website https://www.nationalgeographic.com/tv/watch-live

What happens when you try to login with your Sling TV credentials?

Nat Geo TV support site

List of Providers

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I get

You have not been signed in since it appears your TV subscription does not include access to the following channel(s):

ngc Logongc not authorized

ngw Logongw not authorized

If you believe you have received this message in error, please contact your TV provider.

So it's Sling TV you need to contact and tell them what happens when you try to watch at the natgeo website.

Yes before I spend hours on the phone, just thought I would ask if anyone else is seeing similar.

Thanks

5 posts were split to a new topic: DS214play issue with TVE

Just saw this in regards to Sling.

even more reason to have your own setup with things like Channels.
never know when things like the slingbox will get axed.

1 Like

Ha! I have a Slingbox sitting in my "closet of discarded technology". Was a great piece of tech at the time. Used it with my Tivo before the mini was introduced. But with Channels replacing both, it's all junk to me now.