Provider - Spectrum

That's going to be it. You won't get CW..and the sub channels.

If that's the case, then the Channels DVR is not fulfilling what I need. HD Homerun Prime with a cable card and PLEX will do a better job and get all the channels.

This configuration worked reasonably well with Locast and Philo. I started off trying Youtube TV and could not get it to work with Channels even after the fixes I found online. Guess, I'll have to go the other route.

Rather disappointing when you're paying for a DVR that doesn't work 100% even if it perpetually says BETA.

I have the Spectrum Streaming Choice package. I have cDVR (for my mother), and a HDHomeRun Prime (CableCard) + ChannelsDVR for me.

It works ok. It's taken a bit of work to get it going. I'm missing one channel I should be getting. Locals by what I've been told should be DRM free in cable. Those that are DRM'd, can be gotten via TVE, also though Channels.

I was wondering. Going to be honest here. :smile: I have Spectrum Internet only. I am trying to use my parents Spectrum TV Login for TVE but it doesn't work because Spectrum sees I have their internet and tries to auto log me in to TVE channels regardless of what account I enter in Channels. Here is a screenshot of the MTV login with Spectrum as an example.

If we could somehow have the sign in with another account clicked it would work.

Thought I would ask...

I think you can change a setting in your parent’s Spectrum profile to not do auto login. That would allow you to provide credentials.

1 Like

We would probably want to change the setting in my profile so it doesn’t auto log me in but I can’t find anything like that in my Spectrum profile.

Thanks for the suggestion.

What's crazier if you go to anyone's house with Wifi and TV from Spectrum and use auto sign in, you can watch their cable channels.

I have the same issue. Solved it by using a vpn during dvr setup. I use tunnelbear it's free. The vpn makes it so spectrum can't auto log you in on your internet connection and will give you your parents channels.

1 Like

Why can't you just click, "Sign in with another account"?

I can but if I am doing it manually but when the DVR scans for TVE channels it doesn't show me the screen.

"Sign in with another account" works for me. I don't get many stations with Channels DVR + Spectrum TVE so it doesn't really matter, but it does work without any workarounds.

How do you get the TVE scan to “Sign in with another account” It doesn’t show any screens for you to do that?
I click new source and then TVE. Then Select Spectrum and type in my parents account. I am at my house with my Spectrum internet. When it tries to authenticate Spectrum sees my Internet account and tries to use that one not my parents. I am not given an option to “Sign in with another account” when Channels is scanning the TVE.

You've already been given an answer. Use a vpn during setup to avoid this issue.

I know. The other person said there was another way so I was try to follow up.

I didn't have to use a vpn.

I don't know what to tell you. It just works. Every time I log into any streaming site it picks MY credentials and I must click “Sign in with another account”, I do, and it works with my parents username. Maybe because they are just down the street in same area code? Never needed to use vpn.

ESPN app credentials have sometimes been "stuck" on me and my Spectrum account on my Firestick 4K. What I did was use my phone to make a temporary hotspot, connect to that, and it would get un-stuck with the other credentials. I would then connect to my Spectrum internet and all was well. Maybe something similar is happening to you with Channels?

So that also works for me. Using individual apps or websites I just click the "Sign in as another account".

What I need to do for the Channels DVR then is use a VPN or hotspot. Scan all the TVE channels then connect back to my Spectrum Internet. Just like you do with the hotspot.

Thanks

MSNBC not working, just sits and spins until I hit back button

2021/09/08 22:49:13.411778 [TNR] Opened connection to TVE-Spectrum for ch6050 MSNBC
2021/09/08 22:52:11.631611 [TNR] Closed connection to TVE-Spectrum for ch6050 MSNBC

If I restart or kill the docker container while trying to load the channel, audio will start playing with no video until the cache runs out

Which client?

Is it working on nbc.com/live

Using NVIDIA Shield TV

Works on https://www.msnbc.com/live & https://www.nbc.com/live