Provider - Spectrum

Late to the party here lol. I have Spectrum Choice Streaming / A-La-Carte, with "locals". It's nice to be able to choose the channels I want, or should I say, my mother wants to watch. I did get to chose some. But I have TVE set up in channels for a reason. We have a Cloud DVR on Spectrum. But 100 shows total led to more conflicts. TVE + Channels DVR gets around that. :slight_smile: Slowly Spectrum is allowing more locals. I'm waiting on Aman and his crew to get back to me with an odd issue I'm having with ABC. Spectrum offers me ABC via TVE. But only my near by market. Not my local one. That's fine, as I have custom links to the local news streams. But for some reason Channels doesn't know how to process the alternate ABC selection. But with time, I know it will get resolved. :slight_smile:

I have noticed some TVE messages are one I would expect too. "Not subscribed". Others say "403 Error". Since I only have 15 channels + locals, it's not that bad going and selecting each one. Sometimes a bonus channel here and there work for a bit.

1 Like

I keep getting, then later losing CBS on TVE. I recall reading a while back that one of the networks allows TVE only during certain hours for some subscribers. CBS seems to be doing that. While ABC doesn't work at all still. Both channels work perfectly on their network websites via TVE. I will be glad when this is out of beta.

Did anyone else get a survey on cablecards? I'm worried they might be sniffing around to see if they can bin them, altogether. This is a chilling development in my house, as my ideal setup has cable service of some kind, for 2 market local sets, which no other provider is allowed to show.

No I haven’t gotten anything so far…

Can't remember which one, but I recently saw mention of that in either TiVo Community Forum or SD Forum

It was TCF

Spectrum choice is now up to 15 cable channels. I pay $25 plus fees for 10. Price would be $30 plus fees for 15.

I'd imagine they will get rid of cable boxes entirely. Not sure why they would keep them

There is some irony. Since I just bought a used HDHomeRun Prime for my locals via CableCard. OTA in my area is spotty. Even my setup misses about 20% or so. Cable, TVE, and Channels DVR is why I am able to even record my news shows.

Yep. Right there with you.

The only single reason I can't commit to an annual sub on channels is because my top 2 most-used sources, HDHR prime with cablecard, and TVE, are both reasonably perilous. A change to either one drops my use case for channels substantially.

1 Like

If it wasn’t for channels I couldn’t watch TVE at all. Channels DVR is great. With Locast future iffy, it’s even more crucial to have OTA+Basic Cable.

So, the Locast debacle has thrown my wonderful working config into shambles. I have Channels with Locast and Philo working great. I can't get OTA locals because of my location.

So, I signed back up with Spectrum. I've added Spectrum to my Channels line up and it does not show any of the locals (and not by local channel numbers). I have the latest version installed.

When I log into the spectrum site on my computer, all the channels are there and in order.

I hope a developer can assist me in figuring out why I can't get all the spectrum channels on the channels app.

Thanks

I too have now lost Locast obviously, and I only get one single channel via the one $150 antenna I tried so I feel like an antenna is a lost cause for me.

I’m new to spectrum, guess I get to research options there now but I’ve not found the streaming only service options so far. May end up with no tv at all.

I’ve now lost all reason to have channels DVR too now. Sad days.

I don't know that Spectrum has streaming options only. They are my local (and currently only) cable provider. I'm frustrated with the Channels DVR system. I signed up with Spectrum today and Channels logs in, but won't show the locals. I'm not expecting any magic from a developer, but I have to give it a try.

In preparation for that disappointment, I've talked to spectrum and they are sending me a cable card. I ordered an HD Homerun Prime off Amazon for $150 (after coupon). With that and my Plex DVR, I won't need the Channels DVR. On the bright side, it will consolidate the 2 apps into 1.

The Locast issue basically is costing me $69 (at least for 12 months) instead of $39 a month. I'll revisit the costs next year.

Try running the original tv everywhere setup when connected to a vpn. That can sometimes result in getting some out of market locals.

I'm not trying to get out of market locals. I'm just trying to get my local locals. They show up on my spectrum login page, but not in the Channels lineup. I even thought maybe it was the version running on my Synology NAS. I setup one of my PI4 units with the Channels DVR and setup only Spectrum new with the latest updates and still no success.

2 Likes

Silly question but is the "Local Networks via TV Everywhere" box checked near the bottom of the webUI?

Channels pulls locals from the network websites. See link below for details.

These links all work but I still don't get them in Channels. PBS is the only local that works.

3 Likes

I didn't see the check box before as I didn't need it for Locast before. I checked it, and I got 7 more channels. I think that might be all the networks that I am missing. I do wish they followed the Spectrum numbering. That is what I loved about Locast as it was the normal channel numbers.

Thank you so much for point me to the check box I missed!

Ok, update: the 7 additional locals are not the complete list. I did get ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX. Plus 3 PBS channels. I'm definitely missing at least 3 channels. I need to compare the list to the Spectrum App.