Provider - Spectrum

Looks like you are getting regional sports with the Sports add-on. Is that true? I thought it was just FS1

These I can get on Channels DVR but not with the Spectrum App. I don't know if its a glitch or what but they work.

I got 118 channels on the DVR but only about half that on the spectrum app due to location and the fact I wasn't on a spectrum IP address. Because Channels DVR logs in directly to each channel the location and IP is mostly ignored.

Just for grins I VPN'd my spectrum app to my spectrum LAN and it immediately warned a VPN is not supported and wouldn't show anything.

It's good for me to watch my regional sports away from home with channels and I hope this doesn't get changed by the providers.

Getting 138 channels here in Sarasota, FL. Weirdly, the local ABC channel refuses to tune with error "unimplemented channel". Local NBC also has no guide data.

Anyone interested. Spectrum and OTA best option that I have found for Channels DVR. I returned back to Spectrum. But for the TV Streaming Option. If you are a spectrum internet subscriber this option should be available to you. I subscribed to the TV Streaming Select package with Sports add-on. This is about 10 bucks more than YTTV and 5 dollars more than HULU. The catch though is every channel is available on the Channels DVR TVE. So instead of having 4 or 5 Streaming accounts to get all channels, I now only have 1 with HD Home-run. Unfortunately Locals will not come in for TVE Locals with spectrum. So you can add the HD Home-run or you and use the Spectrum App to watch Locals Live. What Channels DVR don't have is watchable with their app. In some cases if you ask about it you can add cDVR for 5 bucks more. That option wasn't available for me. So dropping YTTV and HULU saves me 95 bucks. My Channels counts for DVR Channels is
HD Homerun (OTA) 53
Spectrum TV 156.

1 Like

Thanks for the information. I'm not a Spectrum subscriber but might be someday. Would you mind telling me if this option includes TCM?

1 Like

Here are the Channels.

Take Note: These are only TVE there are many more available through the app, Networks that don't have streaming. But 99% of all channels through spectrum support the Network apps.

Thanks!:+1:

What's there Broadcast fee now. $14 for a full cable package? No thanks

Well after some trial and experiments and constant price increases with all the other streaming services, I decided to see what spectrum had through streaming. This is still cord cutting and found its cheaper and much better in the long run. Before subscribing to Spectrum TV stream I was paying 125 dollars monthly to get all the channels through Channels DVR. (Hulu, YTTV and Philo combined). Spectrum is only 62 dollars monthly with all additional fees except sales tax. As you can see in the image all TVE channels are available. Especially the Viacom, Warner and Disney.

Broadcast Fee: Cable with Box is 13.99. Streaming is 6 dollars but is included with the fee I stated above. There is just no getting around this broadcast fee. If you wan't to get the most this is what I discovered is the best to implement Channels DVR and not having to rent DVR or any receiver. Once you rent the receiver the full Broadcast fee is tacked on

Please show a list of channels you get with YOUR package. Also Nat Geo constantly loses tve support with Spectrum

What does Hulu have that you don't get with YTTV and Philo?

Hulu and YTTV pretty much identical. Hulu was free for one month with my disney + thats why I had that one listed as a source.

Everything with a Heart ticked I favored. This listing comes automatically when I sign-on

What streaming plan do you have because Spectrum has none that gives you Nat Geo wild. It looks like you have silver

Nat Geo is working right now. Its not one I watch anyway. SyFy Turners and Viacoms mainly what I watch and Sports.

Which plan do you have?

I think you have STREAM, plus, DIGITAL TIER 1 plus sports add on.