Provider - Spectrum

it shows only one Spectrum, but once I log in, it gives me several options to pick from all called "Charter Spectrum" 2 choices from my City and 2 from the city next to me.

Like this
Charter Spectrum Glens Falls
Charter Spectrum Glens Falls
Charter Spectrum Queensbury
Charter Spectrum Queensbury

And if I change to a different one what will happen to all my scheduled recordings i have now? if the channels number changes will it effect my recordings?

Edit:
Nevermind, I got confused with my HDhomerun Prime 3 and the TVE. The HDhomerun shows different Spectrum's for my CableCard. Sorry!!

What is your zip code?

I run Channels on a mac and applied the latest Catalina updates earlier today. Now I am getting "chrome auth_timed_out errors on several, but not all channels. ex. CNN, CSPAN2. But for example CNBC continues to work.

Anyone else having issues? Thanks!

I assume you're talking about 10.15.5? Sorry, i'm on 10.15.4. and just disabled auto-update due to your post. Thank you for the warning. Wish I had a spare to test on. :frowning:

How did you do that?

System Preferences-> Software Update -> Uncheck "Automatically keep my Mac up to date".

Quick update for everyone. I quit trying to figure out how to fix it. Dropped and re-added my TV Anywhere as a source and it is working as expected now. Not sure what the issue was, but re-adding got me back.

Thanks

Thank you for posting fix! :smile:

@tmm1
It's been 3 weeks now with no response to my original post here so I will post the issue again. I have since also removed my TVE source and re-added it but I still get the same error trying to authorize NFL Network.

Info
ChannelsDVR Server version 2020.05.20.0521
NAS: WDPR4100

I'm having trouble getting NFL Network authorized. It works fine in Chrome, but I get the following error on a FRESH install of channels DVR when doing the scan and subsequent re-scans of the channel.

nfl media: 401 Unauthorized: Grant id=[366821144], permissions=[FOX] insufficient for MediaObject mcpId=[US-US-IN-117528], authorization=[MVPD], permissions=[NFLN]

I sent a full diagnostic log 59e43891-caa0-431a-820f-9e2fefbccc20

Anyone else having issues signing into some channels such as TruTV? I get “ chrome auth_timed_out” for the last several days.

Anyone? It’s been not working for almost a week now.

Working for me. I will say I haven't updated in over a month

I was just able to tune TruTV via TVE with Spectrum with no issues, so it doesn’t appear to be a global problem.

Thank you! I wonder if the “legacy” company matters? For me it’s Time Warner. I’m hesitant to delete and rescan all my channels because it’s such a tedious process.

Well I decided to delete the source and re-add it. It went better than last time and fixed the issue! So odd that trying to fix a single channel didn’t work but fixing them all did.

1 Like

Looks like spectrum news has stopped using flash for streaming. Is it possible to add this to the tv everywhere lineup for spectrum now?

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/live-video/watch_spectrum_news_live

Spectrum has been working for TV Everywhere for quite a while. I've been using it since Oct 2019.

Spectrum News hasn't as it was previously Flash based streaming. That's changed now so hopefully Their various news feeds will be implemented at some point.