Provider - Xfinity

Well I guess I'll wait and see if it clears up. Even creating a brand new user doesn't fix it.

Believe me I feel your pain ,,, I had to create a windows batch file to text me when XFINITY login fails.

FX channels, NatGeo channels, Hallmark channels, CNN channels, TCM, Cartoon Network seem to be the ones that can't be added no matter if it's an old user, old user new password, or brand new user.

I agree that sometimes just changing your Xfinity password in the Xfinity site, to the same password you had been using, can work. That’s worked for me in the past.

Sometimes, it is weird and acts up. The other quick action is to restart the channels server. That’s worked for me as well.

The user that stopped working was new 6 months ago with the same password since then. So I can't revert to a previous password. I also set up a brand new user and that didn't help. Also, restarted server, rolled back to stable release, etc. Nothing working. I guess I'll wait 48 hrs to see what happens.

Same crap from Xfinity. yall proably facing the same issue many of us face.
Read through this thread, the later half mainly.

My Xfinity TVE has not had an issue since Nov 20, 2020.
Only thing i did was to install some chrome version. that a dev suggested it do.
No idea the chrome version change affected the issue or not....xfinity seems to work fine for anywhere from a couple weeks, to a few months, without stop working and getting a Must rest password email from them thing.
But so far, i have not faced an issue with it since then, knock on wood.

Have you tried a rescan on a single channel?
Like 6030 CNN, click the gear icon at the right and choose rescan

I managed to fix it by logging into the Android Xfinity Stream app first. While the Xfinity Stream app was logging in it showed a brief message about it fixing login due to a change or something. After that logged in, I tried those credentials in Channels TVE add source and it found all the channels.

1 Like

I had a previous issue where one of the devs said to longpress the sign in button, so try removing the source and readding it with the longpress signin.

this seems to have worked for me. Or it could have been because I waited long enough, either way I'm back up.

1 Like

New user here, trying to set-up Xfinity for TVE. I've followed all of the directions in this thread, to include using a secondary account, user name only, etc. I've tested and log-in works without issue when going through Xfinity; however, continues to state incorrect credentials when trying to set-up through TVE. Hoping there's yet another trick? Only think I can think of is something related to Flash, which is no longer installed on my end?

Nothing to do with flash you should try the logon on XFNITY Stream to make sure it is indeed activated and you can login. Also make sure 2 factor authorization is disabled on account.

Both have been confirmed - no problems logging in via the Stream apps or website, also 2 factor is disabled.

1 Like

If possible restart your server ... wait a while and try again.

Yup - unfortunately, also tried that

Can you update to latest prerelease

yup... the newest version just locked me out of Xfinity too. Says cable authentication failed.

I got the same issue with Xfinity. They made me change my password tonight and now won't let me log into TVE. " Cable provider authentication failed"

1 Like

So I rolled back to an earlier version of Chrome and its working again.

How do you do that? That seems to be a strange workaround...