Provider - Xfinity

Has anyone else lose access to ID Discovery? I've had it for a while just fine then I noticed today it is no longer listed.

Maybe you should rescan just got all mine back.

1 Like

I just had the same problem. I lost all Xfinity stations. They all work with in Xfinity stream, and via websites, just not on channels. I changed my password, deleted the sourced and tried to re-add, but get the image that I can’t authenticate.

1 Like

Thanks Edwin_Perez - waited a few days, and then like you said - attempted a re-scan, and now it's working. Same version of Chrome and Channels DVR server that was in place from a few days back. Not sure what changed, but I'll take it. Thanks again!

looks like i'm back too after downloading today's pre-release... that was a really crappy few days. Wife and toddler weren't happy!

Got an email from xfinity to change my password so i did. As a result my TVE channels stopped working on Channels DVR.

I tried updating password nd got the Auth error. Made sure 2fa was off and even put the password back to the old one. Still can't log in to xfinity through Channels DVR.

Any suggestions besides wait a few days and try again?

What I always do is change the password to the same I had before.

Did that and still getting the error

Does my DVR server have to be on the network that has the cable subscription? I have cable in one location and my channels DVR server in another. I keep getting the "not in subscription" error. I've turned off the auto authentication and don't have any more ideas.

I pulled latest pre-release and am unable to get Xfinity working again too. I have confirmed 2fa is off as before. It seems something has been adjusted recently on the comcast side because I have also noticed that I have had to re-authorize other apps devices for FoxSportsGo and the XFinity Streaming app (prior to me messing with password but worse now that I have tried to adjust passwords). I even created a viewer account separate to see if that will help. Uncertain issue but would like to resolve.

1 Like

I think I may have found the solution. I finally was able to log in by using an incognito Chrome window. You'll need to type the url manually. 127.0.0.1:8089/admin

It may just be coincidence but I believe there's something holding on to your previous login info even if you type it manually.

I'm running into this too (diagnostic logs bfff9f33-56a1-4ed8-b674-c05f31bdbad3):

I've tried several things... logging into xfinity stream (both on web and on iOS), changing the password on the account, using the user ID to log in, using the email address to log in, disabling auto authentication (even though internet and TV are on the same account)...

EDIT: Umm, OK, so this is hilarious. I just tried giving Channels my Xfinity username in UPPERCASE instead of lowercase, and that made it work. So try giving that a shot if you're running into this? (Maybe it's just a coincidence?)

TVE worked great for about 2 months straight now I started randomly having this issue about a week ago. Have tried everything listed here and no luck. Hopefully we get an update soon to fix this.

Please submit diagnostics

2f38ce74-0038-4132-8f82-9ea71c9e9d2d

10b491a6-62c2-42dd-8ef9-9308ecd6d40b

So what am I doing wrong. TVE suddenly stopped working a few days ago. Tried logging in but that resulted in Xfinity blocking that user. Removed it entirely as a source. Created a new user. Can log in successfully when I go directly to something like CNN go. But when I put in the exact same credentials into Channels, I am getting the invalid credentials error/screenshot.

2021/02/11 12:45:50.983052 [TVE] action=fill_form u=[hiding user name]
2021/02/11 12:45:51.096918 [TVE] action=wait_for_auth
2021/02/11 12:45:51.101121 [TVE] action=request type=Document method=POST url=https://login.xfinity.com/login
2021/02/11 12:45:58.015978 [TVE] action=page_ready
2021/02/11 12:46:03.243920 [TVE] action=auth_timed_out
2021/02/11 12:46:03.244006 [TVE] action=screenshot
2021/02/11 12:46:03.610743 [TVE] action=screenshot size=47008
2021/02/11 12:46:03.613331 [TVE] action=capture_html
2021/02/11 12:46:03.615426 [TVE] action=capture_html size=30199
2021/02/11 12:46:03.641938 [TVE] Auth failed for Comcast_SSO: Cable provider authentication failed

Edit to add: and now I've gotten an email from Xfinity saying I need to reset the password for that user. Something funky is going on. The link URL is https://login.xfinity.com/h/compromised_uid.html Xfinity thinks the user was compromised?

Known issue for Xfinity.
Wait 2 days without trying anything, then try re-adding it to channels.

1 Like

I just can't seem to figure out Xfinity TVE. I turned off 2 factor authentication and auto authentication. Attempt to login with username not email address. Every time it says that the login credentials are incorrect. The login works on the Xfinity stream app on my phone, kindle fire, and fire tv. I tried so many times that I locked my account. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

I had the same issue. Turns out its something to do with Chrome. I uninstalled chrome completely and reinstalled a fresh version and Xfinity in Channels worked again.