Provider - Xfinity

The ones I seem to lose the most are MotorTrend, HGTV, and most of the Discovery owned channels. I'm going to pay attention to exactly which the next time it occurs. I have marked maybe 50 channels as favorites, and nothing below 6199 in TVE. But I THINK that what I lose are channels 6100 - 6199. I don't recall losing any from 6000 - 6099.

I only use Xfinity tve for 20channels, that i don't get via Philo, mainly, Nat Geo/Wild, USA, SYFY, Cartoon Network etc.

So Xfinity is having me do a password reset about every 2 weeks now. Is it because of TVE or is because I turned off 2FA? If I update my password and update TVE and then reenable 2FA will that cause problems with TVE?

TVE in Channels is not compatible with 2FA, as it can not answer the 2fa requirement each time is has to authenticate a channel stream when u load one.

ok - that's what I thought but this is going to get pretty annoying if I have to change my password every 2 weeks for ever

Looks like the Pi image chrome was pretty old too (product=HeadlessChrome/79.0.3945.130). I've updated it to v89 in case that helps. To update, follow these instructions:

What? On the pi?

Why can you not just use the update button for either the server or the other button that updates the os?

How do u know if that works?

I tried it and it just sits at verifying for a while , then no login form found.

EDIT: nvm, i see things in the log about it...derp.

EDIT2: Ok. did that update. rescan the one chan that i used for Xfinity that went auth failed...IT WORKED! Xfinity now working instantly after doing this funky way of updating chrome.

1 Like

I’m still having issues with food network and like channels for weeks now. I’ve updated the server, changed passwords, etc, for xfinity, but they either have a 401 error or no auth token, but I’m able to log in via their websites without issue.

Any ideas on what to try next?

Delete ~/Library/Application Support/ChannelsDVR/data/chromedata/ and try rescan again

Working now. Thanks!

Where is that file? I'm running on synology 218+.

/volume1/@appstore/ChannelsDVR/channels-dvr/data/chromedata

Please share the path for qnap running in a container.

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/ChannelsDVR/channels-dvr/data/chromedata

That fixed Food, Animal Planet, HGTV. But CNN, HLN still not working.

This thing is simply not working today on my MacBook’s server. I wish this would get some more attention on a fundamental basis. It simply won’t login to my Xfinity account after needing to change my password. I tried the update password feature and rescanned, but authentication failed. I tried removing the source and adding it again, but authentication failed. I updated to the latest prerelease, but authentication failed. I updated Chrome, but authentication failed. I deleted the chromedata folder, but authentication failed. I restarted the server numerous times, authentication failed. Signing into Xfinity directly with Chrome? Works just fine.

Everytime this happens to everyone, we basically can’t watch TV, and there’s no warning if we discover our shows just never recorded.

My password works, just not with your DVR. Why is this such an issue?

Yes, it’s Xfinity’s fault when it detects a security risk and needs me to change my password, but I don’t see why it’s such a problem to login with the DVR once I set a new password.

Also, I don’t like the idea of having to install a prerelease every time I have this problems, that just invites more bugs that I’ve never had before. I used to use a Raspberry Pi as my server and it became basically junk after numerous prereleases, too many errors to count and no response from support.

I feel your pain, athough probably not as much as you do.
Remember that it's still Beta.

Appears the devs have to play catchup with all the TVE issues and providing a newer version of Chrome for those who don't use their own version (which probably auto-updates).

I use TVE, but don't solely rely on it since I have an HDHR Prime and a couple TiVo's.
The only TVE channel I very rarely have issues with is my local PBS station (other than when they don't stream a program or have tech difficulties with their stream).

hey guys, my parents are about to switch from FIOS to Xfinity. Anything special I need to do to get TV Everywhere working? Make a separate account, or turn anything on or off?

Best practice seems to be to set up a login only that only Channels uses. Turn off dual factor authentication -- Channels can't deal with that. I've been using it for over a year and it is pretty stable, but I would expect to have occasional authentication issues like the ones described in this thread. For me the issues have not been bothersome enough to cause me to switch providers or explore the whole cable card rabbit hole. Good luck!

The article below should cover it. Although I recommend updating to the latest pre-release of Channels DVR server first.