Provider - Xfinity

Best practice seems to be to set up a login only that only Channels uses. Turn off dual factor authentication -- Channels can't deal with that. I've been using it for over a year and it is pretty stable, but I would expect to have occasional authentication issues like the ones described in this thread. For me the issues have not been bothersome enough to cause me to switch providers or explore the whole cable card rabbit hole. Good luck!

The article below should cover it. Although I recommend updating to the latest pre-release of Channels DVR server first.

Ugh . . . I'm ready to give up on this. I had to reset everything again over the weekend, and then today two shows didn't record because the channels wouldn't authorize. I'm to the point where there is no benefit to scheduling any shows to record without first trying to log into the channel right before . . . which obviously defeats the purpose.

I recognize this is an Xfinity issue and not a Channels issue, but if the only thing I can record is from my antenna, I can use my Plex pass for that.

This was a new experience . . . in the middle of WATCHING a movie in FX, the screen went blank, then showed a "connection lost" message and then the "no authorization" when I tried to reconnect. So randomly during watching a show this is happening. Time to move on.

On Pre-release 2021.05.14.0010. I'm unable to get Xfinity logins to work. This is the error log below

2021/05/13 20:42:23.093864 [TVE] action=request type=Document method=POST    url=https://login.xfinity.com/login
2021/05/13 20:42:23.300501 [TVE] action=error_response type=XHR error=net::ERR_ABORTED
2021/05/13 20:42:23.416025 [TVE] action=error_response type=Image error=net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
2021/05/13 20:42:23.418792 [TVE] action=error_response type=Image error=net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
2021/05/13 20:42:23.780213 [TVE] action=error_response type=Document error=net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
2021/05/13 20:42:23.786819 [TVE] action=error_response type=Script error=net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
2021/05/13 20:42:28.863724 [TVE] action=page_ready
2021/05/13 20:42:35.085152 [TVE] action=auth_timed_out
2021/05/13 20:42:35.085231 [TVE] action=screenshot
2021/05/13 20:42:35.359824 [TVE] action=screenshot size=291342
2021/05/13 20:42:35.360179 [TVE] action=capture_html
2021/05/13 20:42:35.369329 [TVE] action=capture_html size=18660
2021/05/13 20:42:35.464672 [TVE] Auth failed for Comcast_SSO: Cable provider authentication failed

And here is the diagnostic ID.
43db1f60-b89b-499c-b23e-9a1d4a6403d2

I have tried signing in by clicking & holding the sign up button with no dice. I can log into Xfinity's website no problem. Maybe I need to wait 48 hours or so, but I figured I'd see if there was something else here.

Edit: it did successfully sign in on version 2021.05.13.0008 from a different server that I have. Here are the diagnostics for comparison. d84becc8-b581-4acb-9945-4f51d26dac0f

Edit 2: Tried deleting chromedata folder. Same error is occurring.

Edit 3: It sat overnight & now logging in is working. đŸ€·

Try deleting and re-adding the Xfinity source.

I did do that. That's how I got to the click & hold sign in part. I should have mentioned it though.

I'd been having issues with Discovery Network channels since day one and I just did a rescan of Xfinity and all of those channels have completely disappeared. About the only one I really watched was HGTV so I just installed the app instead.

I always have trouble with that group of channels. Lately though, I've been more proactive and every few days I change my password, remove and readd Xfinity, rebooting the server in between. Seems to be working out.

No matter what I try I keep getting this when I try to add my Xfinity TVE. I have tried all the steps listed in previous posts.

Anything?

I was able to login to TVE online (ESPN) with no issues.

Not in subscription means its auto-authenticating with a different xfinity account which has no tv package.

1 Like

Try clearing browser cache, cookies, history, and go incognito

1 Like

OK that sounds like a perfect explanation! This is an old Server that was used at my daughter’s place. We cancelled her account for TV so now I’m trying to login using the account I have for my parents.

I did the restore option so it would retain the Locast source since I’m not in that area right now. The weird thing is it brought back ALL the sources (Locast, Spectrum, SlingTV, HDHR) except Xfinity. So when I try to add it again as a source for TVE, I get that error.

I tried going back to an earlier restore point which did bring it back, but then it had the old sign in info, as you mention. I tried deleting it and adding it again (as mentioned as a fix for this), but I keep getting the same error.

Is there some way to manually go into the hard drive on a PC and edit the Xfinity file and/or delete it? If not, is there a way to manually retain the Locast sign in info if I setup a new DVR Server without using restore. I don’t need the old recordings.

I’ll try that, but I did use two different browsers at different times, Safari on a Mac Mini M1 and an iPhone 12Pro.

Maybe I’ll try chrome.

Browser cache, cookies, history or incognito will not affect Xfinity auto-authentication. It is based on your IP address.

You can turn it off by logging into that account and disabling auto authentication. There is a link in the first post on this page, as well as our support documentation.

1 Like

Oh I wasn’t even thinking it was done on the Xfinity site! I was thinking it was internal to the DVR Server. Thanks!

I tried this and the page comes up but without the option to turn off Auto Authentication:

This entire account of my daughter’s is cancelled, both TV and Internet. She’s now using her fiancé’s internet service. Not sure if that is relevant?

Then the button is probably in her fiance's xfinity account?

It was never logged in or authenticated with that account.