Provider - Xfinity

So, i decide to browse whats on tv channels, cause taking break from streaming other things in other app....been months, and....none of the channels that have something interesting on will work....typical. Xfinity really does not want me watching tv.

This thread kept giving me error when i tried to post to, so made new thread and that error when posted link too. not sure what is up.

but, anyway, same issue.

Here's what I found with the error in testing. (Similar to others above. Trying to consolidate) I'm located outside Boston.

• "No login form found" happens with most but not all Xfinity channels
  • When accessing directly on Comcast site it now asked for UN and PW separately.
    (Page refresh between each entry)
  • Removing existing Xfinity source (and trying to add back) or adding new one doesn't work. (Received screen shot error posted earlier)
    • Don't recommend removing your existing source because of it!

Should work in this build:

5 Likes

Perfect timing. Just got home from work.

updated.

Working now. Tried a few channels.

Thank you. :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks, 2021.12.07.0051 works. My last functional recording was 11/19..

1 Like

Thank you thank you thank you. Works again! FYI for those trying it, mine was slower than normal. Not complaining just different.

1 Like

After updating, mine now fails with a "context deadline exceeded" error message from Channels. The TVE error screenshot shows a message from Xfinity "That didn't go as planned... Sorry about that. Please try again later."

Any ideas? I can provide logs if that would be at all helpful.

@channelup - This fix worked for me after adding back my source and rescan. It seemed to take longer than usual and I did have a number of channels with the "context deadline exceeded" To add them back I went in to "edit" and rescanned each one with that error and that took care of it.

1 Like

Working here also. Thanks for the quick work!

Thanks for the suggestions! I updated my server around 5:45 PM Pacific time yesterday, and based on recording logs it looks like TVE started working again sometime between 1000-1100 PM Pacific yesterday. I didn’t change anything on my end, so I have no idea what changed, but it seems to be working now.

I noticed TVE for Investigation Discovery (ID) was taken away from users that subscribe to that channel in XFINITY plan. It is wierd because I have that Channel in my subscription.

This content is available to viewers who receive Investigation Discovery as part of their pay TV subscription.

6107?
I still have it working.
What do you mean "it was taken away"?

6107 INVESTIGATION-DISCOVERY
403 Forbidden: Access to the requested resource path has been forbidden: [Authorized Networks: None] [Authorized Products: None].

It is my only Channel that is not working. I tried on the Web Site still did not work.

What does the website say when you try it?

I can watch it from Channels DVR v2021.12.08.1552 and that website.

It works great on Philo ... but no XFINITY

Bummer. That's weird.

I know I get every discovery channel but that one ... could be temporary so as long as Philo works we are ok.

Have you tried clearing your chromedata folder by using the Update Password dropdown next to Xfinity (just use your existing password), then try to rescan the channel.

1 Like

Wow unbelievable I tried everything but that worked thanks.

BTW Clearing my 24 Hours of Cache and Cookies also cleared the problem of viewing on the web page.

Thanks again.

1 Like

I have a question related to setting favorites. Background is that I had Philo and sling Tve configured prior to adding xfinity. I decided to set favorites based on the xfinity channels vs Philo but they don’t show up in that menu. I removed sling and Philo for good measure and rebooted the server in the hoes that would do the trick.