Provider - Xfinity

I have a question related to setting favorites. Background is that I had Philo and sling Tve configured prior to adding xfinity. I decided to set favorites based on the xfinity channels vs Philo but they don’t show up in that menu. I removed sling and Philo for good measure and rebooted the server in the hoes that would do the trick.

Which menu?

In the channels app (5.1.1) Guide > Favorites
Also I had on my Philo channel listing I had blocked channels with intention that they would get picked up by the xfinity channel listing. Thus I went ahead and deleted the Philo line up altogher in the hopes some chaching was going on. Now the channels do show up in the All Channels list and HD channel list.

On the All channels list you can click and hold a channel to favorite it. Or you can go to Settings > Manage Sources > Philo and mark channels as favorites there.

Ok. I was marking the favorite’s as well as blocking channels inside the dvr server settings window for each feed. So let me try doing it from the app. Secondary question if I have Philo and xfinity with over lap channels which one would it use by default. Philo has a few channels that xfinity doesn’t so will be using it short term until a series we watch is over.

It will use them in the order listed inside the app

Thanks for the help. I made the updates from the app and now working as desired. I will try to use the app more going forward.

I'd like to report that I'm getting every channel possible with the package, even cspan2&3, those never worked. Haven't had to remove the source in a while either.

Great job devs @tmm1 @maddox Things were looking bleak for a while.

2 Likes

@Edwin_Perez wanted to ask if your ID channel is still working. I think mine was then today I got a similar auth error like you did so I defaulted to adding my password agin like @chDVRuser recommended and did a full rescan. I lost ID, TLC, HGTV in the process from my authorized line up.

I dropped my Philo trial sub once I added xfinity in the hopes I could just use this option since it covers the bravo and oxygen bases that Philo doesn’t.

After playing around some more I did the individual rescan of the channels and got them back. For those that use the TVE option is this kind of the norm or particular to xfinity.

Don't believe everything you see on the Internet :grin:

I usually do that (Update Password), then rescan every channel with errors, then do it again.
It clears out the chromedata folder on your DVR which has caused issues for me and others.
Once you add a TVE source or rescan its channels, that folder gets created again.
It was mentioned long ago that it caches something (auth cookies?) which can cause issues.
It was also mentioned that it was just for Philo, but has worked for me and others with different providers.

I would suggest if you're already using the latest pre-release version and rescanning just those trouble channels doesn't work that you submit DVR diagnostics so the developers can help you.

I see you just updated your post saying you rescanned the trouble channels and they came back. I recommend clearing the chromedata folder after you've authed all the channels by using the Update Password method (you can use your current password, don't have to change it).

Thanks @chDVRuser. Let me get on the latest pre release dvr I hadn’t done that yet. I managed to get all (channels that matter to the family) back but cooking and diy so will try again tomorrow. I need to get this as solid as I can before I cut the cord.

Good idea. That's step #1 when it comes to issues wth TVE channels.
You can view the DVR Pre-Release Notes here DVR Pre-Release Notes

XFINITY TVE is so unreliable i checked channels this morning and lost quite a few SYFY among others. There is no warning at all ... until you go to watch. ID is working but lost quite a few.

I took the recommendations to get on the pre release. I read the notes related to Tve improvements. I removed and re-added for good measure. My sci-fi is working. I’m just puzzled now on why diy and cooking is not authorized. I didn’t take good enough notes prior but thought they used to. I still need to go test the web access with my id later today see what I get.

I rarely get all channels after a remove and re-add.
Just individually rescanning the problem channels usually brings them back.

You know what is weird about all this I just removed and re-added and got all my channels back.... my first time where it found all channels on a re-add.

So I had all the issues everyone else was and I went ahead and went to pre-release. Sitting on version 2021.12.13.1829

Now I get a little farther with the TVE login, but I get an error 400 bad request, browser sent a request that the server could not understand.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

I did a spot check a few channels just now TBS, Oxygen, HGTV (couldn’t reach my tuner - that was a new one for me - when I went back to try it again it turned into a 401 error rescan turned into no auth token after a rescan so I did the password trick next to get it back) Food are working. I’m only left with diy, cooking, sconce and ahc that give me a 403 error. I haven’t tried to debug those further.

I did read yesterday there were some AWS outages effecting some streaming services. Not sure if that would be related if you are having an across the board issue. My setup aside from the prior day has been solid but I just stared to try the TVE options in the last week so my starting point might be different.

Dang. Same error even when deleting the source and trying from scratch. Can't even add the source.

Submit diagnostics