Provider - Xfinity

I gave up trying to force things as I just get frustrated. If it doesn't work and I'm on the latest pre-release, I just wait a day and try again. Try to individually rescan the missing channels tomorrow.

I'm trying get a new user logged in & it appears its not even able to get the username into the form. Which is what my screenshot would indicate.

Literally nothing is authenticating for me. Its very frustrating.

Happened to me 3 or 4 times recently.
After getting frustrated when nothing I did worked, I walked away.
The next day it worked.
Go figure.

Its super frustrating, it's been over a week for me now with no fix in sight.

I usually mess with it for a day or two, make sure I'm at the latest pre-release, submit diagnotics and wait another day. Believe me, I try everything in my troubleshooting list TVE Troubleshooting tips and then some. It is frustrating, escpecially if TVE is your only source. I've learned not to rely on it as my only source and sleep better.

1 Like

I do have an HD HomeRun prime, but Xfinity doesnt broadcast a few channels that I like to watch over the coax. Xfinity is just a royal PITA.

Same here, plus a couple TiVo's (Cable and OTA) as backup since they're paid for (lifetime) units.

Just coming here to say "me too". Xfinity auth is broken, I can DEFINiTELY auth using the TVE 'troubleshooting' page for NBS Sports, so it's not an account issue.

Also, same as the others I simply get the screen below

Add me to the list of people unable to get Xfinity to authorize for a previously-working user/PW/setup.

My Xfinity sub-user can also log into the various networks' content using the Xfinity authorization method.

Same result for me as for johnofcamas, et al

Support email sent for logs 655d66e9-3bfb-479c-b7dd-d188308fe090

Issue that I’m having is I am getting forced into a secure my account page to add email or phone # for my viewer account. I’ve been able to just use security question in the past. Even if I say it looks good I get it at each login.

Even after adding email it now wants my phone and even an ask later still seems to bring it up.

Finally got past the askme later once it went back to the main secure the account page and hit ask me later there.

1 Like

Mine just randomly fixed today. Are others still having problems? Trying to figure out if this is an Xfinity issue with random security protocols triggering? Or if they just changed the process up a bit & channels needs to adjust.

Edit: I still have had to go through & manually scan a bunch of channels 1 by 1, but at least things started authing agian.

Try the following:

• update to prerelease v2022.09.21.2304
  • for NAS users, under support > troubleshooting click the button to update chrome

Tried it, and it works.. Thank you @tmm1 !!!

1 Like

tmm1's directions worked for me !

Thanks Channels Devs, you rock !

Cheers.

1 Like

This started for me today. I updated to newest release but still no luck. xfinity did change up their website. Could that play a role in any of this?

What are you running for your server? If its a NAS you need to go to support and make sure chrome gets updated. It does not do it on its own with the software update.

it's on a M1 Mac.

1 Like

Submit diagnostics and email support

Alright Boys! Don't laugh but this is what I did to get my xfinity channels working again. Similar steps worked last time I lost TVE channels, otherwise I would say it's coincidence.

Whenever my TVE channels stop workin I notice the 2fa setup message on my main login. I know it shouldn't but this somehow affects all logins including "view only" users.

I'm sure all these steps weren't needed. I'm just telling you what I did.

1. Delete source
  2. go to xfinity.com, clear all site date
  3. completely close out browser and reopen it.
  4. go back to xfinity.com log in as main user - setup 2fa
  5. log out wait a few minutes
  6. log back in and undo 2fa
  7. Wait again then add TVE as source in ChannelDVR.
  8. Rescan channels every couple of hours until you get them all back.

I got some channels back in 30 minutes and then more a few hours later. Took about 24 hours to get all the TVE channels back.