Provider - Xfinity

yes

Question about regions. I have an Xfinity account in the Bay Area, but my Channels DVR is physically on a NAS near Portland Oregon

I'd like to record my locals (here in the Bay Area) but when I add 'locals' it shows me all the Portland local channels.

HELP! I'm wondering if perhaps adding a VPN to my router up there to VPN in to the bay would do it?

For the issue above I’ve gotten more than once now, even on the pre-release, is it specific to HGTV on xfinity or will I have the same issue on another tve provider (ie philo).

Thanks for all the work on this! I was having the same problem and after getting the pre-release (didn't try that before) I got most of my channels back and more (some reason FOX is off still)... Everyone's help is appreciated.

Same issue for me. If I try to watch via the ESPN App on iOS, I now get a "You are not authorized to play this content. Please contact your provider message.". One more interesting data point -- the Xfinity Stream app does not allow ACCN to be viewed outside of the home network. One possibility (although probably unlikely) is that Xfinity negotiated to get the Linear In-home rights to ACCN but nothing for Out of Home.

I get this when trying to readd Xfinity

Logged into the account on the Xfinity site, also got the message, and fixed it. Still get the error when readding Xfinity. I'll try some things.

I was getting that and also "Add you mobile phone".

I now log into the account every weekend to clear those nuisance reminders and haven't had an issue.
I also play the channels live that I use most after doing that and then Update Password on the source.

1 Like

Submit diagnostics and I can teach the dvr to click "ask me later"

1 Like

After waiting a little while, it has logged in and is scanning. I'm sorry I couldn't provide the diagnostics for others. If it happens again, I will. Thanks.

I am getting this issue as well. Using sub-account. Auto Auth is turned off.

You need to update to prerelease

1 Like

That worked. It is scanning now. Thank you!

TV Everywhere ACC Network is now working.

Working for me as well now (ACC Network)

Happened again. I'm getting this screen (don't know why the FX logo there) and ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED in logs. Things I've tried:

• Delete, re-add source after stop/start Channels DVR
  • Delete chromedata folder
  • Change password, and create new user (no 2FA) at Xfinity.com
  • Turn off PiHole
  • Upgrade to latest pre-release. (Chrome is updated)
  • Username/password combination works fine when signing into TVE sources directly.

Xfinity

FYI, Viacom and Comcast just signed a new programming agreement as of 1/13/22. Maybe this is the year that we get TVE access: https://www.viacomcbs.com/press/viacomcbs-and-comcast-announce-content-distribution-agreements

1 Like

New-ish user here.... Xfinity TVE stopped working for me on Jan 13th. Updated to pre-release but no success. Getting the context deadline exceeded message in logs.

Edit: Rebooted server - still no channels. Discovered two local (experimental) channels disappeared. FOX channel works.

Edit2: Probably a bot, but just logged "TLS handshake error from 222.186.19.235:55970: remote error: tls: bad certificate" Whois on that address shows "ISP ChinaNet Jiangsu Province Network "

Edit3: Support request and log sent Jan 13: 22296174-0134-4abd-becb-96b3e4bcb7f5

Edit4: Removed Xfinity source and tried to reinstall; got 'context deadline exceeded' . Was able to log intoXfinity via browser with same credentials.

Edit5:

• I can watch nbc.com/live on up to date Chrome browser.
  • am using the latest DVR prerelease version.
  • I have all green checkmarks.
  • Can't update source password or rescan channels because after removing source it woudn't reload.
  • ChannelsDVR service cycled (W10) and server re-booted.
1 Like

Same here, also been getting the "context deadline exceeded" for the last couple of days.

If you're having trouble adding Xfinity-TVE or just some channels, try these.

• If you can't watch the network at their Live streaming website, nothing Channels can do. Like nbc.com/live or check availability buttons at Channels Support - TV Everywhere Availability for your Provider
  • Make sure your package or container (if running in one) is up to date.
  • Update to the latest DVR prerelease version
  • Make sure the chrome or headless chrome on your DVR server is up to date.
  • Run troubleshooting from the DVR web UI Support>Troubleshooting and make sure you have all green checkmarks.
  • Use Update Password under the gear dropdown next to your source in the DVR web UI and just key in your existing Provider password to clear the chromedata folder.
  • Reboot your server or restart your package or container if running in one.
  • Individually rescan channels with issues using Rescan Channels under the gear dropdown next to your source in the DVR web UI.
  • Remove and re-add your source.
  • If all the above fails, submit DVR diagnostics from the DVR web UI Support>Troubleshooting.
1 Like

I just use a throwaway extra Xfinity user login for Channels TVE. I've found that on occasion certain channels just stop working with that login, so I just delete the user and TVE Channels source. Then I create another throwaway user account on Xfinity and start a new TVE source. Seems to be the easiest route to fix Xfinity TVE problems.