Provider - YouTube TV

Same here. I've even logged into TBS TVE through my computer browser using my YouTube TV credentials and it works, so something is broken with Channels. Pity.

It works if you upgrade to prerelease first.

1 Like

I am on the latest pre-release and can not login to YTTV... Any suggestions? Note I did try to sign in to the NBC link in the help guide and was successful. Also I tried stopping the service and running channels in my user context so chrome headless would run in my user profile where I had signed in but it produces the same result.

Have now updated to 2021.07.16.0117 and YTTV logins still don't work...

Exact same problem as kevnel1. Been struggling with this for a week now. DVR is running on Windows 10 version 21H1 (fully patched). Have tried both stable and all-prelease versions. Tried different browsers on both Windows, iOS and Mac. Confirmed that 2FA is turned off on Google account and did the whole log in to NBC live first, etc.

Consistently see this in the logs:
2021/07/16 11:20:58.847274 [TVE] action=tvejs msg="googleLogin"
2021/07/16 11:20:58.870717 [TVE] action=wait_for_auth
2021/07/16 11:21:01.377735 [TVE] action=tvejs msg="googleLoginPassword missing"
2021/07/16 11:21:22.883283 [TVE] action=auth_timed_out
2021/07/16 11:21:22.883381 [TVE] action=screenshot
2021/07/16 11:21:22.972729 [TVE] action=screenshot size=34676
2021/07/16 11:21:22.973843 [TVE] action=capture_html
2021/07/16 11:21:23.099586 [TVE] action=capture_html size=1798105
2021/07/16 11:21:23.476124 [TVE] Auth failed for YouTubeTV: Cable provider authentication failed

Authentication with the YouTube credentials is working on other sites directly, so it would seem like it's a Channels/YouTube issue.

1 Like

Google appears to be blocking logins from the DVR software. It's not clear if this is something we can workaround. We are investigating.

1 Like

I am in the process of canceling ATT TV and moving back to YTTV - guess this will be the reason to stay with ATT TV if you guys can't find a work around. The YTTV interface and "DVR", if it can be called that, is deplorable. Long live Channels!

3 Likes

This started happening to me back on 7/10. I sent in logs on it to support. Weird thing is if I use an account that no longer has a YTTV subscription it authenticates and adds 65 channels that I think are free on pretty much all services.

1 Like

I had the issue a few days ago where I could no longer login to my YTTV TVE accounts through channels. What fixed it for me was uninstalling channels as a background service and reinstalling it as a docked DVR engine.

I tried this but did not work for me. Are you on Windows? Do you know the build number?

Windows, newest Beta. They certainly could have made a change since I last got it working.

I tried this as well and it did not work for me. Completely uninstalled Channels and reinstalled to run in the tray. Any update on this issue?

Don’t want to give false hope, but after my issues with Spectrum recently I decided to try to add YouTube TV again with the “click and hold” method. After entering my credentials and clicking and holding, I noticed a notification on my phone… it was the YouTube app saying it had detected a login, and wanted to know if it was me. I quickly tapped it and verified it was a legit login… and the channels are now scanning within Channels DVR as we speak. Haven’t tried tuning anything yet, but I wonder if they’ve added a new security check that requires confirming the login like this? Will update this post after the scan completes with final results.

Update: confirmed I’m able to successfully tune Channels authenticated by YTTV after the scan. Total of 144 channels found.

3 Likes

What is the click and hold method? I mean are you talking about the update to a pre-release which I understand but in yourpost it seems that you enter a login for YTTV and click and hold and you are able to authenticate. I am using a Synology NAS 1515+ is YTTV unavailable on this? Am I able to create a docker container for to use YTTV?

My Synology is Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU C2538 which is not an ARM based processor.

Thanks

I have tried this several ways with out any luck. I tried on a remote computer, on the channels computer and with channels running on a desktop and a service. I noticed YouTube TV released an iOS update yesterday and updated as well.

I am wondering if you can provide a few more details if you don't mind. What is click and hold, just holding the sign in button? What version of channels are you using (Mac/PC/etc..)? What type of device did you get the push on (iOS/Android)? Thanks!

For me I was using an iPad to access the DVR web ui. After entering my username and password I tapped and held the button. Probably about ten to fifteen seconds later a notice popped up on my iPhone, which is logged into YouTube with the same account. I tapped that and clicked the acknowledgment that it was legit, and probably 15-20 seconds after that, the channels started to scan.

I am running Channels DVR Server on my QNAP, not Docker. Running pre-release 2021.08.01.2349. Showing 129 channels for YouTube TV. But not showing TBS,TNT and TCM. Able to log in directly to Watch TCM, but really wanting on Chanels.

When you edit the source and manage the channels and rescan them individually, what happens?

1 Like

Thank you!!!! I was only doing a total rescan. I rescaned the channels individually and the channels are now included. I went from 129 channels to 141.

Thanks again for the help.

1 Like

Wondering if there are any updates to share for getting YTTV TVE working on channels again. It seems some on NAS devices and random users are still able to login and make it work. Almost feels like the chrome version might be the culprit but that's just a stab in the dark.

1 Like