Provider - YouTube TV

Not via TVE into Channels. I did notice that Pluto.TV now offers this: https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/pluto-tv-will-launch-an-mlb-channel-on-march-2/

and I have that working with Channels via the Pluto docker.
I know it's not the same channel, but it is curated MLB content nonetheless.

Is locast.org available in your city? That works with Channels DVR too.

Unfortunately not. Locast isn’t yet, I’m hoping soon it will. Huntington-Charleston, WV area. Seems like it’s last for everything

It looks like some network filtering that I use was blocking access to geolocation.onetrust.com, which was blocking access to ABC and CBS. Once I allowed that through the filters and rescanned the channels, ABC and CBS showed up again.

1 Like

Pi-Hole, by any chance? I was having some issues with my iMac (Channels DVR server) when I set that up that DNS filtering too. Once I remembered that piece of the puzzle I was able to work around it.

Just curious.

1 Like

NextDNS, but same general idea. :slight_smile:

Signed up at the NBC website. It displayed Direct tv but when I selected
Link TV Provider it says Verify Account and seems stuck at that point.

Using iPad. Any ideas?

I installed the YouTubeTV app on my phone like I was going to start the trial, opened it and it gave me the option to browse the guide before starting the trial. I then put my credentials into the DVR server for YouTubeTV TVEverywhere and it successfully signed in and fetched 66 channels. The same free ones that seem to come with all TVE sources. I then removed Xfinity to be sure that it was playing YouTubeTV and all the channels work. I still haven't started the trial. I'm using an Nvidia Shield as the server. Am I missing something, or has something changed? First, it signed in no problem, and the channels work, so I'm confused. I'm tempted to start the trial now.

Everyone gets the free channels. It wasn't because of YouTube. Most likely were there since you had added Xfinity.

Also, YTTV TVE won't work on a Shield server.

YouTube TV is not a supported provider when running Channels DVR Server on an NVidia SHIELD.

NOTE: If you have Channels DVR running on the NVidia SHIELD, then YouTube TV login is not supported.

No, it signs into YouTubeTV and fetches the free channels despite not starting the trial or ever having a membership, I just installed the app on my phone and opened it. I've removed the Xfinity, and made sure it was gone, the channels work. I remember someone else asking somewhere how to get just these channels. Would be a good way. I'm still curious if I start the trial will it find more channels.

Yes others have noticed this in the past. Even if you have a trial account that expired you can use it to get the free channels.

Okay I am confused because I see it says YouTube tv everywhere login is not supported when running dvr on Nvidia shield, yet I am doing this just fine.

First I’ve ever heard of it working. Perhaps something was updated that removed the limitation.

Well not sure if you just cannot do it directly from shield itself, I just use chrome on my iPad connected to my shield IP address and added through settings, no issues.

YTTV has added support for TBS and CNN

2 Likes

YTTV added support to Warner channels? I tried and it wouldn't rescan for it.. Unless I did something wrong

I went into YTTV and did an edit. I then scanned CNN stations and TBS stations individually and it authenticated just find.

How do you do that? I rescanned and still didn't find CNN or any of the channels that it says that is there

And it says that Destination America is supported, but nothing as well.. Same with Longhorn Network. I'm lost and confused

The "edit" button on the far right.

Destination America and Longhorn didn't authenticate.