Provider - YouTube TV

This is their response

Some have been able to work around the issue using a docker container or new gmail accounts.

If people subscribe to Channels just for Beta, Experimental or Unsupported features and aren't happy they need to make their own decision if it's worth it to them. That's why I quit using Plex, even though I have a lifetime pass.

Where people here talk about trying a "new account," I'm not clear which you mean...

#1 - creating an entirely new Google/Gmail account, using that for a new YTTV subscription, and then doing TVE in Channels?

OR

#2 - creating a new Family member account ID within YTTV, and then using that new Family account ID within the Channels interface in order to attempt TVE authentication?

If I understand things right, each Family profile within YTTV carries its own individual set of Library/saved content. So if you go with a new YTTV Family profile, that means you're going to have to redo all of the recording selections you had in the underlying YTTV Admin account.

Thanks!

So you're talking about starting off with an entirely new Google/Gmail account, then doing a new YTTV subscription with that, and then using that new profile to attempt TVE authentication in Channels?

Not just creating a new Family member profile within an existing YTTV subscription?

And NBC Universal is gone. Some will lose the live NBC also

I create an entirely new google/email account, and then I add it to my Family and I'm able to login with the newly created account. The subscriber account has not changed.

2 Likes

Can confirm mercator's workaround! I've been fighting this problem for a few days. Same errors others have reported with a pre-existing and non-MFA google account that I've had for years.

I just created a brand new google/gmail account, added it to my Google Family, validated/activated it over on nbc.com/live, then added YouTubeTV source using those credentials. Works! Channels is successfully scanning and adding the streams now.

2 Likes

Ahhh, thanks for clarifying that! I'll give that approach a try... :slight_smile:

My TVE list has not changed at all in weeks. Does this mean its working, or its just holding the current authorizations until I foolishly hit the rescan button?

didnt work for me only got 67 channels mostly the useless shopping ones and the tve only ones.

update: weird after a few scans the brand new account/mail authenticated all channels except nfl network.

Are you on latest prerelease? There have been NFL network fixes in recent prereleases.

I did that earlier today -- creating a new Google account, adding that as a Family account to my YTTV subscription, and then trying to authenticate YTTV TVE in Channels with the new Google account linked to YTTV.

It still did NOT work for me, using a VPN connection. Now, unlike before when I was just trying with my original YTTV ID, when I tried with the new ID, I get a similar failure to authenticate message, but this one is now the "Captcha" error variety one. Tried it several different ways, all with the same failure result.

Just to be clear, I have absolutely no problem directly signing into and using my YTTV account either on the PC that hosts my Channels DVR server or on various streaming devices. It's only the Channels DVR TVE authentication via YTTV that's failing.

1 Like

It won't work via VPN

1 Like

At all? In any flavor, any variety?

Correct.

We’re about to add the 4K, Sports and HBO add-ons to our YTTV account. Will any channels from these packages have TVE that will work with Channels?

TVE websites don't have 4k streams and Channels doesn't support Premium channels.

1 Like

Technically it does, at least for premium channels that have streaming apps, but only via PlayOn Cloud integration, not via TVE.

1 Like

Depending on what the sports channels are, you may get them via TVE.

1 Like

So I am reading that Google is going to force 2FA on everything including YouTube soon.
Will we be screwed and forced to pick a different provider for Channels?

Not screwed but inconvenienced. I have 2FA on my Google account for YTTV. When I enrolled 2FA, as my first choice I have Google send a notice to my cell phone. This does not stop me from using my credentials for Channels DVR, but I have to click "yes, it's me" 40-50 times as Channels DVR logs into sites. On occasion, I will not get or I miss a notice. After the channel scan, I do individual scan for the channel(s) where I missed the notice.