Provider - YouTube TV

There are eastern and pacific versions of many channels, and the one you can access depends on your location.

Hello

I'm trying to find out what TV channels will work with Channels DVR on YouTube TV before I pay for the service. Can someone list what TV channels from YouTube TV will not work with TV Everywhere inside Channels DVR?

Thanks
John

See https://thestreamable.com/tv-everywhere-apps for a list of networks which support TVE

If you want to record TNT TBS TRUTV CNN anything Warner you should look into Playstation VUE. The Core will get you these and more.

1 Like

Thanks for the info Kenny. When using Channels DVR with TV Everywhere, are most Playstation VUE Core package channels recordable? Do you know of any channel that are not useable in Channels DVR?

Thanks,

John

1 Like

Visit this link or click on one of the screenshots and scroll.

As far as locals. Only NBC available through PS VUE. ABC and CBS and FOX not available in my area for TVE :frowning_face:. But I have OTA and get all of them anyway.

The only one I see with Vue is Nat Geo Wild. I contacted Vue and Nat Geo and both are blaming each other. As far as locals. I can add only NBC and Fox in my area

You're the best Kenny. Thanks so much for the screen shots. This is exactly what I wanted to see.

Did you try rescanning natgeo in the latest update?

It’s Nat geo Wild that has the issue. Nothing on your end

Cannot sign in, get the same error every time. Disabled 2FA and even enabled "less secure apps" but no dice.

My account linked fine on nbc.com

YTTV is very picky about logins and only works reliably on PC/Mac or in Docker. Many Intel based NAS also work, but since your NAS has an ARM chip it's being flagged and not letting you in.

I'm using Ubuntu to run the DVR server, not a NAS. I initially tried to setup on my Synology NAS but it told me ARM wasn't supported for TVE - so I converted a PC and got it running that way, now I'm only using the NAS as an iSCSI drive for dvr storage. Unfortunately still can't login. Any improvements to support proper Google login planned soon? Everything in one interface was a major selling point for me...

If you use the Docker install it might work better.

So I was able to get this working by installing Ubuntu GUI - then Chromium, then signing in to YTTV/Google. Once I had signed in, when I tried the sign in again within Channels again it worked.

I actually had 2FA enabled, and when I logged in to Channels/TVE I had to quickly approve the 2FA request (I have my phone set to just tap YES). While it verified access to the channels I had to approve it about 10 more times, but all appears to be working now!

1 Like

Cool. Note that the login expires every 30 days so 2fa is not recommended. You could create a new google account for the dvr and add it as a family account to your YTTV.

Getting Something went wrong errors - works fine on nbc and running dvr on unraid

Looks like YouTube tv is not working in unraid anymore

Works fine on windows

1 Like

I also cannot get YTTV to connect to Channels DVR in an Unraid docker. I'm considering ditching cable for YTTV and Philo. Channels would really help with the WAF. I'm in the trial periods for all 3 services, so I need help soon getting Channels in Unraid docker to work with YTTV. Anyone have any pointers? I'm not using a 2FA account and I can login via YTTV on the NBC site.

What error are you getting?