Provider - YouTube TV

Go to nbc.com/live first and login with the new account

1 Like

Thanks. But I did that. I repeated the login at NBC and tried again, and I get the same failure message.

I had signed in to NBC using my Google credentials. I went back and created a user profile using my shared email, and then logged in to NBC using that. Then I went back to Channels and tried to add the source and got this:

I'm using Safari, but I also tried using Chrome, and I got the same result multiple times.

Update your dvr to prerelease

1 Like

And make sure you are connected to the server via https:// and your chrome version is updated to the latest.

i'm trying to log in right now to my youtubetv account but i'm at work doing this all remotely. Is this best done when at home? i have had errors because i get sent the prompts to choose the number that matches what is shown on the log in screen in channels but i dont get the numbers in time so it always fails. i have already logged into nbc for example and it works.

1 Like

This is one of the killer features of the Fubo app on AppleTV. It’ll be interesting to see how the UI of YTTV’s "Mosaic mode" compares to Fubo’s "Multiview." Bring it on!

1 Like

Hi - New to all this stuff, but I am running an Asustor AS6704T with Channels DVR Server and everything seems awesome except:

I can't add all the channels I want from Youtube TV into my channel collections... Specifically, ESPN and other sports channels down display to add or show up when I select to add all channels (even though it appears the channels are TVE eligible). Any thoughts please???

Are you sure you have all or YouTube selected under source?

1 Like

Thanks for quick response, and yes, I tried All Channels and Youtube TV as the sources, and the sports channels I was looking for weren't available...

BUT - I've been playing around and I think I figured it out. I am moving from Sling to YTTV and had both of those sources (plus my HDHR4k) connected. Sling was first until I added Youtube today. My hypothesis is that the "Channel Collections" feature doesn't know how to handle multiple streaming sources (where they both have the same channels, but one doesn't support TVE). In my specific circumstance, hence the reason I'm moving to YTTV, Sling was my first source and Sling TVE doesn't support those sports channels that were not showing up. It didn't matter whether I selected all or YTTV.

I'm fairly confident of that bug, as I eventually removed Sling from my configuration and voila - sports channels are not available :smile:

1 Like

I am new to channels and have an Nvidia Shield running Channels DVR. I have TV Everywhere working with no problem for YouTube TV with no issue. Is this something new?

You’re hitting your maximum number of logins to the parent website (espn). All of those services are the same parent company and you’ve exceeded the simultaneous login limit. (To defeat what we’re doing lol)

YouTube TV suddenly stopped working. I have updated to the latest version, deleted and re-created my account. I have an account dedicated to YouTube TV and disabled two factor but now it looks like it requires a authentication code.

Logging in through https://www.nbc.com/live works.

There has to be a way to automate that Phone Verification SEND Button?

I don’t know if it will work for YouTube tv but when I run into a code issue with Hulu this works. On the server machine open a chrome incognito window and go to YouTube tv site to watch on a browser. Hopefully it will require a code when trying to sign in and plug in the code. After it lets you in add YouTube to sources and scan while that window is open. Good luck. This is probably not possible if you a running it on a nas

Thank you. I am running a NAS and I cannot get a browser for Synology. I appreciate your help. I tried with an incognito session it did not prompt me for a code and got right in through the browser. I think Synacor changed something. It is strange other YouTubeTV subs are not experiencing this issue.

So I created a new GMAIL account and deleted my old YTTV account re-added YTTV under the new G-Mail and now I can login to YTTV. GRRRR!!

1 Like

Can or cannot?

I can login again.

"Grrr" refers to the frustration of having to jump through hoops to keep YTTV running.

Hoping for a little help troubleshooting. Recently signed up for YoutubeTV. Have had Channels DVR for a year with an HDHomerun as source. Channels set up on our Synology NAS. Front end is the Channels app on AppleTV.

I followed the instructions to setup YouTubeTV as a source (new google family account, no 2 factor auth, log in at NBC, etc). Everything worked as expected. Got YouTubeTV added as source alongside the HDHomerun. So far so good.

Where I'm running into problems is that Channels is only picking up a fraction of the channels that Channels and YoutubeTV both say support TVEverywhere. I keep getting the "Not Authorized" result when scanning. "Not Authorized" stations include most of the "mainstream" channels such as ESPN, Paramount, TBS, TNT, USA, SyFy, FX, AMC, and many many others.

I see several of the stations have been successfully added to Channels by other users so not sure what my issues are, or where to go from here.

Any thoughts on next steps to resolve?

Can you watch on nbc.com/live in chrome incognito?

1 Like