Provider - YouTube TV

I am new to channels and have an Nvidia Shield running Channels DVR. I have TV Everywhere working with no problem for YouTube TV with no issue. Is this something new?

You’re hitting your maximum number of logins to the parent website (espn). All of those services are the same parent company and you’ve exceeded the simultaneous login limit. (To defeat what we’re doing lol)

YouTube TV suddenly stopped working. I have updated to the latest version, deleted and re-created my account. I have an account dedicated to YouTube TV and disabled two factor but now it looks like it requires a authentication code.

Logging in through https://www.nbc.com/live works.

There has to be a way to automate that Phone Verification SEND Button?

I don’t know if it will work for YouTube tv but when I run into a code issue with Hulu this works. On the server machine open a chrome incognito window and go to YouTube tv site to watch on a browser. Hopefully it will require a code when trying to sign in and plug in the code. After it lets you in add YouTube to sources and scan while that window is open. Good luck. This is probably not possible if you a running it on a nas

Thank you. I am running a NAS and I cannot get a browser for Synology. I appreciate your help. I tried with an incognito session it did not prompt me for a code and got right in through the browser. I think Synacor changed something. It is strange other YouTubeTV subs are not experiencing this issue.

So I created a new GMAIL account and deleted my old YTTV account re-added YTTV under the new G-Mail and now I can login to YTTV. GRRRR!!

1 Like

Can or cannot?

I can login again.

"Grrr" refers to the frustration of having to jump through hoops to keep YTTV running.

Hoping for a little help troubleshooting. Recently signed up for YoutubeTV. Have had Channels DVR for a year with an HDHomerun as source. Channels set up on our Synology NAS. Front end is the Channels app on AppleTV.

I followed the instructions to setup YouTubeTV as a source (new google family account, no 2 factor auth, log in at NBC, etc). Everything worked as expected. Got YouTubeTV added as source alongside the HDHomerun. So far so good.

Where I'm running into problems is that Channels is only picking up a fraction of the channels that Channels and YoutubeTV both say support TVEverywhere. I keep getting the "Not Authorized" result when scanning. "Not Authorized" stations include most of the "mainstream" channels such as ESPN, Paramount, TBS, TNT, USA, SyFy, FX, AMC, and many many others.

I see several of the stations have been successfully added to Channels by other users so not sure what my issues are, or where to go from here.

Any thoughts on next steps to resolve?

Can you watch on nbc.com/live in chrome incognito?

1 Like

It doesn't work. I'm seeing this error:

"UH-OH. YOU NEED TO ADD THIS CHANNEL. Your TV subscription does not include this channel. Please contact your TV Provider about upgrading your service to get access."

That's the problem then. How long ago did you sign up for YTTV? You may need to contact their support like the message says.

1 Like

Thank you. I'll troubleshoot on the Youtube side and see if I can make progress.

They couldn't figure it out. Half the channels were fine, half not. Ended up deleting the whole google account, creating a new one, and starting over. Everything working great with the new account.

1 Like

I just activated YTTV on my NVIDIA Shield Pro not knowing it isn't supported. I'm not having any problems yet either. I'm not getting local channels but I'll work with it. I have a NDHOMERUN until then.

I have had YTTV activated on an Nvidia Shield also for months.

I am receiving Get TV on YouTube TV. However, Get TV is not available in my local area so I am not picking it up as a local channel. it is listed under "other channels" like The Weather Channel.
Since it is not a local channel, is this why Channel DVR is not picking up this channel for me to record?

I looked at the website. I don't see a login screen to watch TV from the get.tv website. So if they don't offer that. Then you will not be able to get it via channels either as it uses the stations website login and stream.

If you have FRNDLY TV and use the docker, you will get Get TV but it requeires extra work.

I've been using it for months with channels and works great.

1 Like

My TV Everywhere connection via YouTube TV was working fine until yesterday. Suddenly, no channels would load. I attempted to log out and back in, and it looks like Google now wants a captcha as part of the sign in process. I even created a brand new Google account to add to the family to attempt to login, and I still get the captcha. Does anyone have a workaround for this? Is there no way to push the prompt to the user to allow us to answer the captcha/2FA prompt?