Provider - YouTube TV

I updated to the pre-release.

I can confirm it is working for me, too. Thanks for getting it working again! I needed to stay by the screen and allow incoming connections from Chromium a few times, but all seems to be working.

Question about updating to the latest pre-release: most of my YTTV channels are still authenticating but FS1 is not and I can see in the log that there is a Captcha problem with that one - will updating to the latest pre-release possibly break the channels that ARE working while attempting to fix those that ARE NOT?

I didn't know this was an issue and rescanned all my channels last night. Everything came back, I noticed no difference, and FS1 was definitely working after the scan. I have been on pre-release for a couple of weeks. I guess the timing just worked so that my auth hadn't expired by the time they got the fix in. Shew. Making me nervous lol

Having trouble scanning several channels (FOOD, HGTV, Animal Planet, Travel). Various messages, including "no login form found, websocket url timeout reached, Cable provider authentication failed".

Using Server 2023.06.03.2325. Log submitted (e8891976-b3bb-4b2b-a0e1-ee4296ab3b1c).

If you already did steps 2-5, try 6, 7, 9 & 10 TVE Troubleshooting tips
Make sure you can Link TV Provider and watch Live at https://www.sciencechannel.com/

If your YTTV login for Channels is a "family" user on your actual YTTV account try deleting that user on the YTTV settings page and then invite yourself again to be a family user on YTTV. YTTV has acknowledged that they are having an issue with family member logins failing to authenticate, and for now the only solution they have put forward is to delete and re-invite again. You can use the same email address as before.

1 Like

Removed the YTTV account from CDVR and when went to add back in, get " websocket url timeout reached". Removed account from Google family and re-added. Still getting " websocket url timeout reached" when trying to re-add YTTV via TV Everywhere.

Websocket error means chrome isn't launching or dvr can't talk to it.

Does the troubleshooting page say chrome corrupted or show a button to fix chrome?

It's on a Synology NAS, green checks across the board under troubleshooting. still getting the websocket error.

Submitted error log = efe775bb-9647-4852-a43c-6f86a489e772

Update 1 = Also tried using a different Gmail family account that hadn't been used before to see if the other family account was flagged somehow. Same issue with Websocket error.

Update 2 = I tried to install on a different instance of Channels and the login worked. Doesn't seem to be an account issue but something with this specific server situation (build, DNS, etc). Even turned off Tailscale as realized problem happened sometime after I started playing with that, but turning off Tailscale didn't resolve the issue.

I ran accross an issue with the chrome used with the standard Synology package install (old version 97 that wouldn't update). I now run mine in a docker containers on the Synology (which uses a newer chrome version 109).

Looks like the devs finally took notice

1 Like

To note, my second install is on a different Synology but otherwise same environment and was able to establish the TVE on that machine. I won't pretend to understand all the variables, just calling out that it works on one Synology and not the other.

Are they on the same DSM version?

They are not, the one I am having trouble with is a new version of DSM.

Server that isn't working properly: DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 5
Server that is working properly: DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 2

Finally able to find time to check. I updated both to the Update 5 version and then tried to rescan channels that I'm having trouble with. On the original machine I am having trouble, still having errors (now says "no login form found") and on the other machine I can rescan and still get access to that machine.

Uninstalled and reinstalled and now getting this error when trying to install YTTV. Submitted the following log: 59d691b7-bfb7-4aba-88f3-ab7befed0dad

May have nothing to do with it, but what is Timezone "-05" ?

1 Like

We are in the EST, see that on my other server as well.

UPDATE - Was able to get the server working. Had to check "it's me dummy" option in a security e-mail from Google and all of a sudden the channels would start scanning.