Provider - YouTube TV

I feel like this isn’t the first time that support for RSNs disappeared from the TVE apps. Hoping it’s just a temporary issue between YTTV and Fox Sports. If it’s permanent, unfortunately it really diminishes the usability of Channels for me.

Logging into the Fox Sports website, I get no RSNs. But I downloaded the Fox Sports Go app and authenticated with my same YTTV credentials, and the RSNs are working in the app. Again, this could be by design or just a temporary issue. We’ll see...

mine does.

Mine disappeared too, along with the BTN and a few other channels. I ended up removing the YTTV source, logging back into both the Fox Sports and Fox Sports Go apps on my phone, restarting the DVR server (mac mini), and then re-adding the YTTV source to the server. After doing that I did have to edit the YTTV source to rescan a few of the channels but I ended up getting everything back, including the RSN.

1 Like

My DVR updated to version 2020.02.26.0338 tonight. I did a “rescan all” and my Fox RSN is back. Woot! Now showing 111 channels...

Same :slightly_smiling_face:

HEADS UP
See new Tweets

Yep just got the e-mail myself. Deal breaker.

I’ve always been able to comskip premium channel recordings with Fios and Prime.

I just had to do this as well. Is this caused by something I'm doing?

The WAF drops quickly when this happens :slight_smile:

I haven’t been able to determine what causes this issue to appear. Seems somewhat random.

The Fox regional sports networks are still available. They agreed to a temporary extension and are still working on a longer deal, apparently.

Yes I know. Already went back to Spectrum, it's $5 more and I get A@E Viacom Hbo, and Showtime.

Not so fast. The drama continues

Thanks for the link. I noticed Fox Sports Ohio vanished and is no longer showing in the guide for YouTube TV. TVE authentication is failing too. However, it’s on the list of channels that will be kept, so hopefully it will come back soon.

Honestly I don't think anyone knows, not even Sinclair or YTTV.

What was previously a rock solid Channels DVR running on Synology NAS stopped being able to use YTTV as a source. I am currently getting "not authorized" screen. I logged into Channels DVR deleted source and tried to re-add it and getting the Chrome not authorized screen. I have no issue using YTTV via web brower or YTTV app. Suggestions? I need to get this back soon before rest of house starts complaining :wink:

Open Chrome incognito, go to nbc.com/live and login with YTTV. Does it let you watch?

1 Like

Yes - Problem solved. Thank you!

So I looked on Twitter and found out more about this. Even though they “kept” 19 of the 21 Sinclair networks, in many of the markets (including mine) only users in the major metro area get the channel. Those outside the major metro area do not. So, I’m out of luck with YTTV.

I have the same problem.
Previously I have lots of channels viewable via TVE using a YTTV auth. SyFY, FX, etc. Now most do not work. Big bummer as the choice to pat for ChannelsDVR was largely based on good TVE support - a real differentiator.

Here is a screengrab of everything that did and didn't auth for me 3/10/20. I have the base YTTV package, non of the addons.