Provider - YouTube TV

I tried the Edit and nothing happened that way either

It does nothing and this is what it says for me

Not sure. I am on the latest pre-release.

I checked for an update and it's fully updated as well. I guess I'm not that lucky

I got it to work

How did you get it to work? Like your screenshot above, I have "YouTube TV does not provide TVE access to CNN" and "YouTube TV does not provide TVE access to TBS".

Are you on the latest pre-release? I upgraded and scanned the channels and they appeared immediately.

First time setting up Youtube TV provider, after I put the username and password, it kept saying "Cable provider authentication failed" and "this browser may not be secure". Tried both chrome and safari but still the same error. Any ideas?

See:

Resolved: In case anyone else runs into this, I was missing xvfb, so a

sudo apt install xvfb fixed it for me.

I just tried authenticating as well, and received the same error message. Any luck?

EDIT: Also, I should note I have ChannelsDVR running on UbuntuTVE

Anyone else having problems authorizing YouTube TV channels. I have had a problem for 2 days. Read the great TVE troubleshooting article. Tried to re-scan a couple of channels and got authorization failure. Will try to chat with Google to see if they intentionally withdrew TVE or what.
Contacted YouTube TV support and received the following answer:
"Upon checking here, this is a known issue on the provider side. As of now we do not have Estimated time of fix since this is being work out on the provider's end."

and

"You can try directly logging on to a computer to access. And you can contact showtime directly regarding this concern. [email protected]"

I am curious about the statement " NOTE: If you have Channels DVR running on the NVidia SHIELD, then YouTube TV login is not supported." I have both channels client and YouTube TV apps on my shield without problems. My Channels DVR server is running on my NAS. I also have a Channels DVR client running on a Amazon Fire Stick.

This statement only applies for those running the DVR on the shield. NAS DVR should be fine, shield client should be fine.

1 Like

Got me all excited. Updated and rescanned all channels but doesn’t seem to work for me.

Same here. I've even logged into TBS TVE through my computer browser using my YouTube TV credentials and it works, so something is broken with Channels. Pity.

It works if you upgrade to prerelease first.

1 Like

I am on the latest pre-release and can not login to YTTV... Any suggestions? Note I did try to sign in to the NBC link in the help guide and was successful. Also I tried stopping the service and running channels in my user context so chrome headless would run in my user profile where I had signed in but it produces the same result.

Have now updated to 2021.07.16.0117 and YTTV logins still don't work...

Exact same problem as kevnel1. Been struggling with this for a week now. DVR is running on Windows 10 version 21H1 (fully patched). Have tried both stable and all-prelease versions. Tried different browsers on both Windows, iOS and Mac. Confirmed that 2FA is turned off on Google account and did the whole log in to NBC live first, etc.

Consistently see this in the logs:
2021/07/16 11:20:58.847274 [TVE] action=tvejs msg="googleLogin"
2021/07/16 11:20:58.870717 [TVE] action=wait_for_auth
2021/07/16 11:21:01.377735 [TVE] action=tvejs msg="googleLoginPassword missing"
2021/07/16 11:21:22.883283 [TVE] action=auth_timed_out
2021/07/16 11:21:22.883381 [TVE] action=screenshot
2021/07/16 11:21:22.972729 [TVE] action=screenshot size=34676
2021/07/16 11:21:22.973843 [TVE] action=capture_html
2021/07/16 11:21:23.099586 [TVE] action=capture_html size=1798105
2021/07/16 11:21:23.476124 [TVE] Auth failed for YouTubeTV: Cable provider authentication failed

Authentication with the YouTube credentials is working on other sites directly, so it would seem like it's a Channels/YouTube issue.

1 Like

Google appears to be blocking logins from the DVR software. It's not clear if this is something we can workaround. We are investigating.

1 Like