Provider - YouTube TV

Diagnostics submitted, email sent. Thanks.

It's being blocked for me because Google doesn't see my DVR as a secure connection. Any way around this?

1 Like

Having the same issues here. Tried with an unsecure Gmail account after adding it to my family YTTV account and going to NBC Live. No luck here. Frustrating - wanted to use YTTV after Locast went belly up.

3 Likes

I seem to be having no problems with TVE on YouTubeTV except for one channel. All other channels seem to work fine. I get a ch6002: TVE: Stream Temporarily Unavailable message for my local FOX channel. Any ideas of what to try?

021/09/24 06:55:33.734195 [HLS] Couldn't generate stream playlist for ch6002-dANY-ip192.168.1.1: TVE: Stream Temporarily Unavailable
2021/09/24 06:55:33.734296 [HLS] Stopping transcoder session ch6002-dANY-ip192.168.1.1
2021/09/24 06:55:34.970803 [ERR] Failed to start stream for ch6002: TVE: Stream Temporarily Unavailable

This is normal and matches what is available on fox.com/live

1 Like

Have you had any success here? I'm having the same issue.

2 Likes

As a paying user, I deserve an answer to this authentication issue. AN UPDATE, ANYTHING!

This feature is still in "Beta" for a reason. And if YouTube/Google is actively trying to block this authentication, it's not entirely up to Channels DVR to be able to fix it.

CleanShot 2021-09-24 at 10.43.42

2 Likes

I think what he’s saying is that you may have a local affiliate that doesn’t broadcast 24x7 on the fox website. Obviously in that case Channels will only be able to tune it when it’s online. If you follow the link provided are you able to stream it on the website around the clock?

I'm referring to the overall authentication issue introduced with captcha codes by google.

1 Like

YTTV is probably going to lose NBC Universal, so don't have to worry about authenticating those channels

guess this thread answered my question why yttv tv everywhere stopped working.

While this feature is still labeled as beta, I think we all know that is just a label because the functionality is way past the beta state. I suspect a lot of people, like myself who have cut cable and stopped using their HDHR, utilize this functionality as their prime use of Channels. I think everyone is just looking for updates on the possibility of this being fixed so they could continue using the product the way they have been. The fact it took several weeks to get any information was frustrating, at least for me.

As for who’s responsibility it is to fix the issue, that totally falls to Channels as it is their product. If it is something that can in no way be fixed with a code change then it is their responsibility to let the customer base know that, so they can make a decision on canceling or renewing their Channels subscription.

This is their response

Some have been able to work around the issue using a docker container or new gmail accounts.

If people subscribe to Channels just for Beta, Experimental or Unsupported features and aren't happy they need to make their own decision if it's worth it to them. That's why I quit using Plex, even though I have a lifetime pass.

Where people here talk about trying a "new account," I'm not clear which you mean...

#1 - creating an entirely new Google/Gmail account, using that for a new YTTV subscription, and then doing TVE in Channels?

OR

#2 - creating a new Family member account ID within YTTV, and then using that new Family account ID within the Channels interface in order to attempt TVE authentication?

If I understand things right, each Family profile within YTTV carries its own individual set of Library/saved content. So if you go with a new YTTV Family profile, that means you're going to have to redo all of the recording selections you had in the underlying YTTV Admin account.

Thanks!

So you're talking about starting off with an entirely new Google/Gmail account, then doing a new YTTV subscription with that, and then using that new profile to attempt TVE authentication in Channels?

Not just creating a new Family member profile within an existing YTTV subscription?

And NBC Universal is gone. Some will lose the live NBC also

I create an entirely new google/email account, and then I add it to my Family and I'm able to login with the newly created account. The subscriber account has not changed.

2 Likes

Can confirm mercator's workaround! I've been fighting this problem for a few days. Same errors others have reported with a pre-existing and non-MFA google account that I've had for years.

I just created a brand new google/gmail account, added it to my Google Family, validated/activated it over on nbc.com/live, then added YouTubeTV source using those credentials. Works! Channels is successfully scanning and adding the streams now.

2 Likes

Ahhh, thanks for clarifying that! I'll give that approach a try... :slight_smile: