Provider - YouTube TV

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I convinced my wife to dump cable and the TiVo for YTTV, but it's looking like I may just need to eat some crow and go back to Spectrum. Ugh.

Why not just sign up for a different TVE compatible provider like DirecTV Stream, Fubo, Hulu Live, Sling, etc. instead?

1 Like

A little help? I just got Youtube TV. I made a family account. Registered at the NBC website. Went back and added Youtube TV and scanned. Everything scanned OK. I have checkmarks next to all the available channels. When I go to watch Channels, I get SOME channels (like ABC and PBS) but others -- most others I get PLAYBACK FAILED. Running Channels (latest Beta) on a mac mini. Ideas? I feel I'm close.

I've considered it, but if the new service isn't perfect, well, see the aforementioned comment about eating crow

1 Like

What version number is your DVR on?

What other channel for example?
What does the DVR log show when you try to view that channel?

YTTV is clearly far from “perfect” though.

ewilson,

I just added Youtube Tv a week ago. I ran into the same issue you did. I had to create another account and attach it to my main account. Then login with your new account in Channels. Without doing this I couldn't login and had the same problem you did with logging in.

I just wanted to mention that I resolved my issue above by uninstalling and starting from scratch. Channels is sooo good with Youtube TV! Thank you!

You uninstalled channels on the server and reinstalled?

Can someone try on Windows with v2021.10.15.2024 to see if its any better?

There are improvements in v2021.10.18.1626 which have fixed the login issues for some people.

How to download this version for macos? still says 2021.08.12.0054 is the latest

See Channels Support - Channels DVR Server Pre-Release

1 Like

Channels Pre-Release

2 Likes

Thank you both! it actually works with the new version! That means I don't have to use the docker version anymore and that means I can also access remotely :slight_smile: Yay

2 Likes

It let me add as well! Yay!!! I’ll scan the channels and test and let you know how everything works.

Thank you!!!

This fix was made possible by berstend who is accepting coffee donations. You can express your appreciation there, and say thanks from the Channels community!

6 Likes

yes

Yup worked fine first time around. Woo hoo!

1 Like

I'm now able to log in to YTTV with the update. Woo hoo!

2 Likes