Provider - YouTube TV

I've been a die-hard TiVo owner since the very first Tivo in 1999 and have owned dozens of different TiVos over the years. I never, ever thought I'd give up TiVo. I've been worried about the impending doom of CableCards, too.

But I recently dumped CableVision/Optimum Cable+ 200Mbps internet for a 1Gbps fiber internet-only connection and set up AppleTV+Channels DVR with Hulu+LiveTV+Philo+HBO and could not be happier about the switch. Hulu+LiveTV is a good alternative for YTTV. The wife is also quickly adjusting. I never thought I'd give up the Tivo and the peanut remote, but even after just a week, I really don't miss it or TiVo. Sure, there are some things I'd like to change about the Channels app, but I'll live. Just happy to finally dump the Cablevision/Optimum monopoly. This is the future.

4 Likes

I was able to add YTTV as well.

1 Like

I've downloaded the latest pre-release version and I'm getting this error even after holding the sign in button for one second.

chrome failed to start: ln: ‘/root/channels-dvr/data/chromedp-chroot/headless-shell/swiftshader/.’: cannot overwrite directory

I rebooted the server and there is now no longer a channels-dvr directory. There was before.

Sounds like you need to apt install chromium-browser or equivalent for your version of Linux.

I'm not sure why the directory would disappear, unless the filesystem got corrupted somehow.

Worked for me too! Between this fix and finding a workaround here for the T-mobile ISP/remote viewing issue, I am one happy camper. What an awesome community!

1 Like

Reinstall dvr and installing chromium worked. Thanks!

1 Like

When I try to scan Big Ten Network I get a response "platform response: 400 Bad Request"

I have verified that I can access the channel using my Youtube TV login at Watch BTN Live | Stream Games & Shows on BTN | FOX Sports

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Provider - Hulu Live TV

Has anyone else noticed that previously blocked TVE channels are suddenly available? I’ve been able to record shows on TNT and Nickelodeon over the past week.

IIRC, it was mentioned somewhere in the Forum that the Turner channels were added earlier this year.
Channels DVR YTTV channels

Should this be working with a Raspberry Pi deployment as well? Running version 2021.10.29.2303 and getting a login error message still. OS version 2021.1012.2129. I have logged into NBC Live with my YTTV account and it is working fine on the NBC site.

Worth a try:

I am using WinSCP and created an SSH session. I am using the PUTTY terminal to run the command given, but receive an error that it failed to connect to my IP port 8089 after 3ms: connection refused.

Captcha usually only appears when a VPN is involved

I don't have a VPN connected. Using the standard install on the RP4 and it's connected directly to the router.

Dunno then. If there were diagnostics I could look but otherwise I have no information to help.

So I really hope I’m being chicken little but I got this e-mail today from Google. Looks like they are making 2FA mandatory on the 9th. No mention of it being optional. We’ll have to see if this creates issues for Channels TVE using YTTV…

1 Like

I wonder if you use Youtube TVE on a pc ... when you login to google you have the option to not require 2FA on the pc ... will this work ?

Register your computers

During sign-in, you can choose not to use 2-Step Verification again on your computer. We'll still ask for codes or Security Key on other computers.

From the Ars Technica article:

Google has way more than 150 million user accounts, but it says it is only "auto-enrolling Google accounts that have the proper backup mechanisms in place to make a seamless transition to 2SV." Those backup requirements include a recovery phone number that can receive SMS codes or a recovery email.

So a potential workaround to block auto-enrollment is to remove any recovery information for that account. You would obviously want to use that 2FA-less unrecoverable account for nothing but this one specific purpose.

I've made sure there is no recovery information for my Channels dedicated Google account. I'll post a status on 11/9 or the next day unless it's clear others have already posted their experience.

I think this will work, if what Google said about auto-enrollment only for accounts with recovery is true.