Provider - YouTube TV

What happens on the 9th?

That is when Google is supposedly going to enforce 2FA logins which Channels can’t do natively.

1 Like

I'm not sure what streaming box you use for Channels, but this feature is on AppleTV as a built-in feature. Although most people seem to prefer the 4K Aerials that Apple provides.

On AndroidTV, I've also used one called "Photo Gallery and Screensaver."

2 Likes

I just signed up for YTTV and got everything set up on Channels DVR but video plays the channel but no sound for YTTV channels. Other channels from my Dish authentication work fine. Any thoughts?

Hmmm that’s weird. The sources are the same no matter how it’s authenticated. Are all YTTV authenticated channels not giving sound or just some?

It looks to be just NBC

I'm having the same problem with NBC. I started another thread a while back about my problems. Missing audio on ch6000 (NBC) - #2 by Macnbaish

Audio on nbc.com/live works for all channels except my local NBC feed (ch 6000). It says that I'm successfully logged into my provider (YTTV). I put in a problem report to NBC. The reply I received from NBC were the following boilerplate troubleshooting steps.

Please be aware that our locked, live, and cable content requires a TV plan with a listedprovider that has the channel and is available with your location and network.

Please try all the following troubleshooting steps:

• Unlink and relink your TV Provider across all NBCU apps and supported devices

• Sign out of your NBCU Profile across all NBCU apps and supported devices

• Clear the cache of your web browser (for assistance with this please click here)

• Check for any available OS or web browser updates

• Power down your device for at least 60 seconds

• Unplug your internet router for at least 60 seconds

None of this worked.

Thanks @cyoungers I set a show on NBC to record with Channels DVR and the recording had no sound as well. Of course I can launch YTTV in my browser and the show plays fine with audio in tact. @tmm1 , any thoughts on why this is occurring?

The feed on nbc.com/live is broken. Only they can fix it.

1 Like

@BabbaLooey. Aside from a canned troubleshooting email from NBC,, I have not heard back with any solution. I’ve moved all my NBC recordings over to YTTV. God I hate using their UI.

1 Like

Anyone run into issues with 2FA yet? I watched some TNT earlier this evening and it seemed to work fine.

Starting to think the 2FA requirement may not go live precisely on the 9th but rather at some later point where our authentication sessions are required to be renewed.

So far 2FA is not being enforced. My recoverable Google account still has option to turn 2FA off, and my non-recoverable account with 2FA off has raised no issues. Perhaps Google is rolling out the requirement over time. I don't think it has anything to do with a time dependent authentication session renewal. Otherwise no one with a recoverable account would have the ability to turn off 2FA now.

YTTV added all the Hallmark channels to their lineup, but TVE still does not find them. Is this a YTTV issue or does Channels need an update?

Inclusion in YTTV doesn't automatically translate to access via TV Everywhere. This is a Hallmark Channel/YTTV contract thing.

Has anybody tried logging into the hallmark website with YTTV credentials to see if the stream is available?

I'm probably not understanding the question. If it helps, YTTV doesn't offer TVE for Hallmark:

If it doesn't help, sorry.

Hallmark has not added YTTV yet to their authorization page. Hopefully its just a matter of time since they only added the channels a few days ago.

I get two of the channels thru Directv. I get all of them also using my google fiber login on their site, which is strange because I don't have the GF TV package.

1 Like

Does Food, HGTV, and Animal Planet still work for the rest of you using YoutubeTV?

No - but I can't say whether they worked in the past.

They're working for me.