Provider - YouTube TV

I just tried "app password" but it didn't work.

I was able to re-add youtube just now using 2fA got an alert on my phone a couple of times and all I answered was it is me.... see what happens.

What is funny is I got Paramount east but it says Paramount Pacific is not availble in Oregon.

no CBS

Welp I had to move away from my main account and use my other one that can't do 2fa due to lack of e-mail and phone number. Every time I found another channel that wasn't authenticated I had to hit yes on my phone before it would load the channel. So far my second account works without annoying the H E double hockey sticks out of me.

Terrific! You might want to refer to my earlier post (Dec 9) regarding additional measures you can take to avoid blockage by Google. So far so good.

Yup already made that change too.

Good luck! To you and me both.

1 Like

YouTube TV is having a contract dispute with Disney. This might result in YouTube TV losing 17 channels this Friday (December 17, 2021). The channels are:

ABC News Live, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD, Freeform, FX, FXX, FXM, National Geographic, National Geographic Wild, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, ESPNEWS, SEC Network, and ACC Network. Additionally, eight local ABC channels might be lost: WABC-TV (ABC New York), KABC-TV (ABC Los Angeles), WLS-TV (ABC Chicago), WPVI-TV (ABC Philadelphia), KGO-TV (ABC San Francisco), TRK-TV (ABC Houston), WTVD-TV (ABC Raleigh-Durham), and KFSN-TV (ABC Fresno).

YouTube TV and Disney contract dispute

Edit: if YouTube TV does lose the Disney channels, the subscription price for YouTubeTV will be temporarily reduced by $15.

Ars Techica article on contract dispute

Edit2, the day after the deadline: The blackout has occurred. Upon launch, the YouTube TV app displayed a window explaining the loss of Disney channels and the $15 price reduction. When attempting to view these channels via TV Everywhere, Channels displays a "Playback Failed" error window.

I created a non recoverable acct and added it to my family group and shared youtubetv subscription it appears to be scanning with the new account

1 Like

Just when I am trying to decide if youtubetv is the best option for TVE they might lose Disney .... ahhhhhhhhhh

https://glyr.io/en/lyrics/jethro-tull-nothing-is-easy

1 Like

Has anybody been able to get local CBS to work yet? I'm still getting the "Your TV provider is not yet supported in your location." message over at the CBS live TV Stream site (CBS Live TV Stream)

I have not experienced the Local CBS problem. I was able to watch Survivor just now. I have no idea why my mileage varies. I have been set up for a few months.

Well, it’s happened - YTTV has lost the Disney related channels including ESPN and a lot of others - based on my 8 months or so using channels, my thoughts are that I want to switch to the provider that has the most TVE channels because I find myself normally watching via channels DVR and not the YTTV app - we definitely want the sports channels and as many of the major cable channels as well like AMC, BBCA, FX, FXX, TNT, TBS, PAR, USA - what are other Channels/YTTV users going to do?

Update: I tried most of the Disney channels via TVE and sure enough they don’t come in, but for some reason the ESPN channels still work - I wonder if that is intentional?

They are all gone including ESPN. Local ABC is gone too.

It’s possible they might continue to work until your authorization token expires and then stop. I wouldn’t count on it continuing.

Disney and ESPN is a big loss ... I am sure they will be losing subscribers.

1 Like

A solution to losing Disney on YouTube TV is to use the $15/mo that YTTV has stopped charging to buy The Disney Bundle (Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+) for $14/mo.

I already have that bundle with Verizon Wireless.... but it does not include TVE access.

1 Like

To be clear, the Disney bundle does NOT get you the regular ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNNEWS channels

2 Likes

The ESPN+ subscription (whether you get it by itself for $6.99/mo or with The Disney Package) allows you to use the ESPN app to stream the regular ESPN channels on Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, iOS, and Android devices. Unfortunately this doesn't work with Channels DVR.

It seems like the cheapest way to get ESPN channels for Channels DVR is Sling Orange at $35/mo.