Provider - YouTube TV

You sure about that? I tried the Disney bundle and the ESPN app had places for two sets of credentials, one for ESPN+ and another one for your provider - I was NOT able to stream ESPN, ESPN2, etc. because I only had credentials for ESPN+

1 Like

It does not unless you subscriber is authorized ... For example I have XFINITY and I can view it with my xfinity credentials only. If I only had YouTubeTV I would not be able to view espn espn2 etc ...

1 Like

I'm keeping YTTV for now (with the $15 discount), but I subscribed to Sling Orange for ESPN TVE access. Sling is offering the first month for $10 (regular $35). Hopefully, YTTV and Disney have it worked out by then. Otherwise, I will reevaluate my options.

3 Likes

Yeah it will hurt. Actually they could gain some Sling Blue and Hulu live, but probably few.

If it stays this way, I might switch to YTTV.

1 Like

It just had to be the week that my Chicago Bears is playing on Monday night football. They couldn't wait until next week before I had to find another alternative. For crying out loud lmao. Yes I know the stink.

Testing out FuboTv. I guess the single best thing about this is. No contracts. Or I would be one super pissed off person right now.

I subscribed to FuboTV a few months back; I have that set up in Channels alongside YTTV. It's been working out nicely; I'm not missing any channels I care out between the two. (Of course I'm paying more per month than I'd like to, but I'm coming from Dish which was more per month than YTTV and Fubo combined.)

How well do you find Fubo vs YTTV, when it comes to TVE channels?

TBH I don't really know! Channels pulls from both and combines them both into its guide (which is such a cool Channels feature), so I don't know or pay any attention to which service a given channel is coming from. I know that's not a very helpful answer for someone trying to decide between YTTV or Fubo, sorry...

Your best bet is to compare here. And because they both access the same websites to view content. That shouldn't change. It is only directly with their app do they really differ.

For locals I only get NBC and the primetime Fox times. I didn't get NBC at all with youtube. And yes you can get the locals over the air which I do. But I find the quality on some of my local channels to be very subpar vs the internet version.

Are you sure TVE for ESPN works using Sling?

Does appear to
Channels Support - TV Everywhere Availability for SlingTV

Try it yourself

It didn't work for me about a year ago.

Deal reached between YTTV and Disney - everything will be back the way it was

ESPN does work with TVE with Sling. I watched the bowl games yesterday on Channels via Sling. But as has been reported, the YTTV / Disney dispute has been settled. ESPN is already authenticating with YTTV again.

Tried to re scan once the settlement was made and waited a few hours but now none of the channels are giving me the Cable provider authentication failed message on all YTTV channels

Also lost the local ABC station after I re scanned everything.Everything is back except for that one

I found this tidbit interesting. I knew about the channels being pulled during “the breakup” but I didn’t realize that would also apply to previous recordings in the cloud, too.

Yet another reason I'm grateful for Channels DVR and the local recordings that we, the people, are able to control :slight_smile:

NBC is requiring 2FA and is failing to authorize. Anyone know how to fix this?