Provider - YouTube TV

I am not the user who did this, but when I looked into it, I find that in my Google Account's Security settings page, I can turn on "Use your phone to sign in". The process of doing this does require entering a recovery phone number, which may lead to Google forcing 2FA on the account, so I did not proceed past that point for testing.

Pretty sure you can't get notifications on a phone without supplying a phone number.

Yeah, I'm still confused how the OP got notifications. Don't want phone or email recovery options for account (from day one of the account). At least that's what has worked/works for me and, from what I've seen in this topic, everyone else.

So what's actually the current state of this ? When adding YTTV it gets a captcha for NBC every time which I can't complete. Don't know if that's because it's a screenshot/image or if there's something amiss with the HTML. I'm on the latest pre-prod release.

Captcha is shown only when using VPN or if it's a new account you haven't used with the official sites/apps yet.

Not sure that's the case here. Here's what I've done...

• Create YouTube TV account
  • Create new account and added it to family sharing
  • Logged into YouTube TV with the new account
  • Logged on to nbc.com/live with that account
  • Disabled PiHole to make sure there's nothing getting blocked
  • Attempted to add YTTV as a TVE provider

I'm not using a VPN and I don't think there's anything else in the chain that would be mangling requests.

Browsing directly to the https://sp.auth.adobe.com/adobe-services/authenticate/saml... link for the NBC logon as listed in the logs doesn't require a captcha. Not sure quite where to go next.

Did you create a secondary account attached as a family account and then make it so it doesn't use 2fa and enabled some sort of old setting to allow non secured connection for old way of connecting. Forgive me it has been a while since i have used Youtube due to all the account security they added. If you have one that requires you to use 2fa you will have problems logging into channels dvr end of story. For a year and half now they have been migrating people over to the 2fa and forcing your account to start using it. I am not sure if they were totally finished with doing that or not. But that is the main reason I moved on to another service like hulu live.

Yeah. Doesn't use MFA.

I'm not against Hulu Live. I'm coming from DirecTV Stream and Hulu's picture quality isn't so good in comparison. Figured I'd give YTTV a shot and see if it's any better. Ditto Fubo.

Problem solved... troubleshooting page showed Chrome was out of date. Updated it, all is good again.

HAHA or that. Gotta love Chrome!

I think I have followed all the steps, but I am still tripping up over the NBC login.

I created a new email address without 2FA or any recovery email or phone number applied. I added this to my family sharing for YouTube TV. I used the new email address to log in to NBC and create a profile.

Yet, when I try to set YTTV as a source, I get this error message.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Go to nbc.com/live first and login with the new account

1 Like

Thanks. But I did that. I repeated the login at NBC and tried again, and I get the same failure message.

I had signed in to NBC using my Google credentials. I went back and created a user profile using my shared email, and then logged in to NBC using that. Then I went back to Channels and tried to add the source and got this:

I'm using Safari, but I also tried using Chrome, and I got the same result multiple times.

Update your dvr to prerelease

1 Like

And make sure you are connected to the server via https:// and your chrome version is updated to the latest.

i'm trying to log in right now to my youtubetv account but i'm at work doing this all remotely. Is this best done when at home? i have had errors because i get sent the prompts to choose the number that matches what is shown on the log in screen in channels but i dont get the numbers in time so it always fails. i have already logged into nbc for example and it works.

1 Like

This is one of the killer features of the Fubo app on AppleTV. It’ll be interesting to see how the UI of YTTV’s "Mosaic mode" compares to Fubo’s "Multiview." Bring it on!

1 Like

Hi - New to all this stuff, but I am running an Asustor AS6704T with Channels DVR Server and everything seems awesome except:

I can't add all the channels I want from Youtube TV into my channel collections... Specifically, ESPN and other sports channels down display to add or show up when I select to add all channels (even though it appears the channels are TVE eligible). Any thoughts please???

Are you sure you have all or YouTube selected under source?

1 Like

Thanks for quick response, and yes, I tried All Channels and Youtube TV as the sources, and the sports channels I was looking for weren't available...

BUT - I've been playing around and I think I figured it out. I am moving from Sling to YTTV and had both of those sources (plus my HDHR4k) connected. Sling was first until I added Youtube today. My hypothesis is that the "Channel Collections" feature doesn't know how to handle multiple streaming sources (where they both have the same channels, but one doesn't support TVE). In my specific circumstance, hence the reason I'm moving to YTTV, Sling was my first source and Sling TVE doesn't support those sports channels that were not showing up. It didn't matter whether I selected all or YTTV.

I'm fairly confident of that bug, as I eventually removed Sling from my configuration and voila - sports channels are not available :smile:

1 Like