Prune delete?

Does Prune Deleted check for existence of file and if it is not found it will clean the entry from the Channels DB ? I deleted a lot of recordings of canceled shows through explorer.

Yes

1 Like

I maybe missing something but i have gone though all the main settings and show settings. Clicked all gear icons though out the UI and cannot find “Prune Deleted”. Its driving me crazy and i bet its just me not seeing it.

It's available per show right now, or there's an API to do it in bulk.

So i believe im in the right spot. Recording Tab, then Show and when i click the gear icons i see no option for Prune Deleted.

Hmm, you're right. It appears to have been removed, so you have to do it via the API.

I plan to add the UI back but I want to make it safer first, i.e. show what would be deleted and confirm instead of just blowing the database away.

Gotcha, Thanks I really thought i was loosing it LOL.

I use powershell ... cleans them all up in one shot.

Invoke-WebRequest -Method Put http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8089/dvr/pruner/deleted

1 Like

Sorry to revive this thread.

Is prune deleted automatically scheduled, or does this need to be done manually?

Manually. But this is for shows and movies that Channels DVR recorded, NOT local imported content.

Sorry.. another revival of an old thread, but still a question about the same subject.. maybe...

I have my Channels running on a VM with a relatively small hard drive to record to, so I'm using an additional recording directory, which is pointing to a NAS to store most recordings. I have a script that moves recordings after a couple days to keep room on the VM.

If I have a subscription to a show, and tell it to keep the last 10 episodes though, it wont search the secondary location for the file, even though it knows it's there (it would play it if I tried)..

So - I'm trying to clarify - Is this prune deleted feature going to only maintain the database, or will it cause it to scan the [secondary] file path to find shows that should have been deleted and also delete the actual media files? If not, is there a way to configure that?

I hope this makes sense. If not, I'll post some screenshot examples..

Thanks in advance!!

The location shouldn't matter. The entry in the database is moved to trash, then deleted from trash. Are you saying the file in the database was deleted, but the additional storage mpg file still exists?

Hmm.. Yes - That's what I was meaning, BUT it appears that either it cleaned itself up when I clicked prune deleted, or I was imagining things.. I'll keep an eye on it, but for now, sorry.. chalk this up to a dumb end user! :slight_smile:

Does anyone know how to automate refreshing all of Channels recordings?
If not, is there any way to set up a manual shortcut?

I have MCEBuddy set to move all my recordings, and delete the original file. I would simply like an easy way to refresh the recordings, in Channels, regularly.

I watch stuff like the news through Channels but everything else I watch using Plex/Kodi.

How about PUT /dvr/pruner/deleted in your crontab?

(Or modify that to your own OS that doesn't use cron.)

Server is on Win 10.

Ok. Then use the native task scheduler on your OS (whatever that is, I don't use Windows) to send an HTTP command of "PUT" to that endpoint.

1 Like

Thanks.
Used Task Scheduler to start Windows Powershell and used this script "Invoke-WebRequest -Method Put http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8089/dvr/pruner/deleted"

4 Likes