Quick Poll on Feature Usage

I can't vote because my selection doesn't appear
[ ] None of the above
Unless Remote Streaming includes Tailscale.
Although I experiment and play with some occasionally.

3 Likes

I voted Remote Streaming and do not use any others.

2 Likes

I am surprised Commercial Detection and Custom Channels didn't make the poll.

12 Likes

For me mainly TVE. I'd like to see focused improvements w/ ASTC 3.0 tuning times and working to make AC4 multichannel audio work in Channels.

3 Likes

Whoops, I voted for Virtual Channels when I meant Custom Channels. Fixed my vote!

Would have voted for PlayOn Cloud if I could. Did vote for Personal Media. Aside from that it's all HDHRs here.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Atmos feature requeat

I just want IPTV support

Legal sources are available via Custom Channels:

2 Likes

How well the channels app works is my top reason for using it on Apple TV, iOS, and MacOs. Is do wish their was a Samsung App on Tizen but understand why not.

• Commercial Skip is my #1 feature. Would like it to work on TV Everywhere as well for live cable TV broadcasts.

• TV Enverywhere with Sling TV s my #2 feature. I like seeing the guide and being able to watch in on place in channels app.

Didn’t even know about Siri Shortcuts or Virtual Channels, need to try them.

1 Like

Apple tv plays 5.1 fine on Atsc 3.0 channels fine.

I use it for TVE and my antenna, not sure where that fits in

2 Likes

My list:

1. CHDVR - Plain and simple to watch, Record, Pause,Rew TVE and save$$ on kox boxes.
  2. Auto Commercial detection
  3. m3u for use in TiviMate for multi-screen football. 5 stars on this one.
  4. Custom Channels
  5. Integration of HDHR for locals
  6. FUN
1 Like

It didn't for me when I posted it. I have access to over 11 ATSC 3.0 stations spread across 3 lighthouse stations. Only one channel plays in 5.1 in Channels and wasn't on par with ATSC 1.0 - 5.1 audio. I don't know your setup, but all but 1 didn't play. ASTC 1.0 - 5.1 sounds fantastic. I was using a 7.1.4 system but haven't had it hooked up last 2 weeks so I don't know if there was an update.

1 Like

I get ABC/F0X and CBS and haven't had issues. My system is 5.2.2 and the receiver is set to Auto.

You may have a great engineer. The lighthouse station that 5.1 works for me is the only station on that particular lighthouse broadcasting in 5.1. The station is WRAZ Fox 50 sister station of WRAL NBC 5, the first station to broadcast in ATSC 3.0 / 4K with experimental license. They are great engineers. Other two Sinclair lighthouse stations are all broadcasting 5.1, but none work in Channels. I'm glad you're getting 5.1 on ATSC 3.0! That's great.

3 Likes

I'm surprised that the kid's section isn’t higher. It’s nice having it set up on my kid's fire tablet. I do wish we had integrated download in the app like iOS, though.

Guessing that’s because the value/usefulness of most of the other features generally depend on how you use Channels, not whether or not you have kids of a certain age range in your home.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Having problems with transcoding